School of Project Finance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
The recent economic climate has created challenges, but also opportunities. The adverse effect on public finances will increase the motivation for infrastructure investment to be implemented through BOT and PPP formats. Simultaneously, the voracious appetite for commodities, fuelled by the burgeoning growth of China in particular, will create strong activity in the development of energy and mining. In Europe, the ongoing implementation of the directives concerning power generation, transmission and gas, and the need to replace ageing power infrastructure, will also sustain strong interest in project finance. The practical nature of this programme, with extensive case -studies, highlights the errors of planning and implementation of previous projects and identifies the structures and concepts that should have been applied.
THE PINNACLE OF PROJECT FINANCE EDUCATION
By attending the IFF School of Project Finance you will get the rare opportunity to spend five days learning from a leading industry expert. To benefit from a tried and tested programme, join the hundreds of project finance professionals we trained last year and vastly improve your skills and knowledge. This highly topical programme is structured to provide the perfect synergy between theoretical understanding and practical implementation. The in-depth market-focused tuition will give you the edge in a competitive market and guarantee you outstanding results.
A BREAK FROM TRADITIONAL TRAINING
The IFF School of Project Finance encompasses an intensive learning environment. Beyond the boundaries of conventional training, this course is designed to equip you with all practical skills needed to succeed in the world of project finance.
COURSE PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
- How Project Finance Differs from Conventional Finance
- Contracts & Cross-Border Enforcement
- PPP & Infrastructure Projects
- Power Projects – Developing & Emerging Markets
- Market & Operating Risks
- Project Cash Flow & Debt Structuring
- Project Cash Flow Models
- Demonstration Exercises
- Practical Modelling Masterclass
- Technical Issues in Limited Recourse Financings
- Bond Financing
- Sponsor Perspective
- Export Credit Agencies
- The Golden Rules of Project Finance
WHY THIS COURSE IS UNMISSABLE
- Detailed case studies highlighting structural techniques and mistakes previously made
- It is tailored specifically to your needs. Intensive coverage and case studies will focus on the industries and sectors that YOU choose
- The five-day intensive element allows thorough treatment of project risk structuring, financing structuring, cash flow modelling and legal issues
- You will leave the course with excel files and additional reading material on a wide range of project financing topics
- No other course looks at the viewpoint of debt financiers, corporate sponsors, and government concession-granting agencies – highlighting the negotiation and commercial issues that arise from the differences in perspective and objective
How You Will Learn
The overall aim of the programme is to optimise your practical project finance skills and in order to achieve this goal, the programme includes case-studies covering:
PFI transport (rail) ~ LNG ~ Leisure ~ PFI hospital ~ Pipeline ~ IPP power ~ Airport ~ Oilfield ~ Merchant power ~ Toll-road ~ Mining ~ Telecoms
14 case studies including:
Power projects: developed vs. emerging markets; Bond funded gas project; Credit-enhanced infrastructure project; Technical issues in limited recourse financing