About the course
This intensive five day course is an extremely practical "how to" programme which focuses on all aspects of private equity. This course will show you how to respond to the many developments and new challenges in this sector. It is presented from both investor and funding perspectives by a trainer with decades of industry experience, who has worked on PE transactions at all stages in the financing lifecycle, from start-up through to exit.
After the course, you will have a framework you can use to:
- Question the potential of PE opportunities at all stages in the financing lifecycle using a structured commercial due diligence procedure
- Drill down and answer the relevant questions about how, when and why value may be created from any type of prospective PE opportunity, i.e. the potential value drivers of the investment and their sensitivity
- Place the exit option clearly into perspective in terms of potential directions to take to create most value and how to challenge potential outcomes
What You Will Learn
- Learn how PE funds are structured, how they operate, and why organisational structure matters to limited partners, general partners, and even founders
- Develop a systematic way to screen, analyse, and value investment opportunities
- Be able to negotiate, price, and structure the best investor terms
- Learn how to navigate the PE documentation and avoid costly mistakes
- Learn why, how and when to apply the different valuation methods
- Learn why, how and when to apply a high level DCF model
- Learn why leveraged buyout structures are important in PE, and how they can best be structured
- Private Equity – The Context & Value Creation
- Venture Capital
- Valuation, Capital Structure & Debt Capacity
- Private Equity, Buy-Out Structures & Sourcing Funds
- Due Diligence, Transaction Origination, Structuring, Documentation & Exit Strategies
Case Studies, Exercise and Discussions
- Developing relative valuation models to assess IVE
- Calculating debt capacity of a company
- Evaluating a buyout
- Review: due diligence horror stories
Roger Mills is an Emeritus Professor at the University of Reading. For more than 20 years, he was Professor of Finance and Accounting at Henley Management College, now Henley Business School and, subsequently, a Professor Dr in the VU University, Amsterdam. Roger has a unique blend of academic ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.