Who should attend
- CXOs responsible for top-line growth and profitability
- General managers responsible for marketing and sales
- Enterprise and national leaders responsible for sales and growth
- National sales leaders and Directors responsible for specific geographies, countries or product lines
This program is designed specifically for sales and commercial leaders. All applications will be subject to review and approval from the program’s Academic Director.
About the course
In this new program our expert faculty addresses the unprecedented disruption sales organizations are experiencing as a direct result of the coronavirus pandemic. Whether facing a sales slump or enjoying a sales bump as a result of this interruption to the usual way of doing business, it’s more difficult than ever to predict what will come next. Many sales organizations have taken quick steps to move to digital channels, virtual selling, redeploying sales efforts and even reducing sales force capacity where needed; but uncertainty and volatility persist.
Focusing on the key issues facing sales leaders in this new environment, this program will address topics such as customer engagement; training, development and retention of sales talent; leveraging analytics and AI to optimize commercial strategies, and how to manage change in a volatile environment. Using frameworks, class discussion and group exercises to assimilate the concepts, you will learn how to adapt your approach to the drivers of sales excellence, ensuring success during an unstable time.
- Leverage frameworks to diagnose and address sales issues unique to this new environment
- Gain insight into the changing role of the salesperson and digital channels
- Understand how sales hiring, development, motivation and compensation plans need to adapt
- Discover how to move from strategy to execution with enabling tools and processes
- Learn to leverage analytics and technology for better decision-making
New Customer Engagement Models
- Understand the evolution of the salesperson’s role in the new environment
- Design an omni-channel customer engagement process that develops rich customer experiences across different customer segments or markets
- Incorporate flexibility and agility into your go-to-market strategy
Sales Force Talent Management
- Gain insight into what makes a successful sales rep in the new environment and the implications for hiring, training and developing salespeople
- Understand how sales managers need to change to successfully coach, motivate and performance manage salespeople in an omni-channel environment
Sales Force Motivation and Incentives
- Revisit existing incentive plan and motivation programs to determine what needs to change
- Evaluate mechanisms within incentive plans for ways to best support the sales force in the new environment
Leveraging Analytics and AI to Optimize Omni-Channel Strategies
- Learn how to move toward a more informed approach to making sales decisions
- Understand how analytics can help predict the actions to take in an omni-channel environment
Enablement and Execution – Bringing the New Strategy to Life
- Bridge the gap between strategy and execution
- Identify infrastructure, technology, operational resources to successfully enable an omni-channel strategy
- Enable coordination across channels and peer-to-peer communication
Managing Change and Culture in a VUCA World
- Determine the right enablers to transform sales strategies to a more digital-centric, omni-channel environment
- Leverage purposeful change management techniques to lead the transformation in your sales organization
Managing Principal, B2B Sales Force Strategy and Transformation, ZS; Research Advisory Board Member, Strategic Account Management Association
Marshall Solem is a Principal at ZS Associates, a global consulting firm focused on sales and marketing. Marshall has held several leadership positions in the company including: head of ZS's global Sales Business Area; leader of ZS' Midwest region; and founder/leader of the company's Medical Prod...
Torsten Bernewitz has close to 30 years of experience as a management consultant and in business leadership roles. Torsten is a Managing Principal with ZS Associates, a consulting firm specialising in sales and marketing consulting, software and outsourcing. He currently leads the firm’s change...
Tony Yeung is Managing Principal for ZS' Toronto office, and a leader in the firm's global B2B Sales and Marketing Practice. He has more than 20 years experience in sales and marketing, both as a practitioner and consultant. Tony's work spans industries with a B2B focus including medical devices...
Arun provides strategy and advisory services, helping clients build their analytics capabilities and leverage their data and analytics for greater commercial effectiveness. He currently works with clients on a broad range of analytics needs that span multiple industries, including technology, tel...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.