Comprehensive course analysis
For a limited time only $40.00 $20.00Order
Who should attend
Senior executives involved in strategic selling and customer management, with high-level business responsibilities:
- Sales Directors or Managers.
- Directors of Global or Key Accounts
- Business Development Directors and Managers.
- Commercial Managers.
About the course
Organise and develop a top class sales function. At Cranfield, we know first-hand about the demands on Sales Directors to grow revenues.
Organising a top class sales function is a challenging task. It encompasses the building of an effective sales organisation, working with key stakeholders across the business, nesting sales strategy within the overall business strategy, and of course, being intimately connected with and deeply knowledgeable about the market.
Our Sales Directors’ Programme is the only researched based programme for Sales Leaders in Europe. The programme gives you the skills and tools you need to successfully develop your sales function, engage customers and lead your sales teams. The strategic sales programme provides a unique opportunity to:
- Increase profitability through sales strategy.
- Align sales with your business strategy.
- Understand and then reverse all areas of sales under performance.
- Focus on strategic selling to develop sustained competitive advantage.
- Make the personal transition from sales manager to sales director (or give you the confidence that you have done so).
What you will learn
You will gain:
- An advanced understanding of how to make the selling organisation productive.
- An increased ability and confidence in influencing, managing and motivating sales teams
- Practical tools for managing a customer portfolio and creating customer value.
- Connect more closely with the marketing team and creating customer strategy together.
- State-of-the-art concepts, tools and frameworks for creating an effective sales strategy to improve performance.
Your organisation will gain:
- Vision and commitment of senior executives to lead change initiatives to improve sales revenues.
- A proposed intervention plan that will support sustained growth in sales performance.
- A more knowledgeable and effective sales team that understand the concepts behind creating innovative sales strategies in order to help deliver increased profits.
- Alignment of the sales strategy with business strategy to support sustained organisational growth.
The Sales Directors’ Programme is a four-day residential event at Cranfield School of Management. There is also a follow up day a few weeks later, to reflect on and apply learnings to real problems within your organisation.
Taught by experienced faculty, you will benefit from the creative practices, diverse ideas, success methods used to overcome challenges that your peers and faculty have faced in a range of sectors.
The practical design of the programme walks you through four key elements of a Sales Director’s responsibility: strategy, structure, measurement and people development. This ensures that you are fully equipped with the state-of-the-art tools and frameworks to successfully develop your function in order to easily achieve better long term performance.
The Sales Directors' Programme understands the challenges you face when organising a top class sales function within your organisation.
You gain state of the art models to:
- Support your role to deliver greater value.
- Engage with customers more profitably.
- Effectively lead your sales organisation.
- Develop short term actions for long term performance.
- Engage in meaningful sales performance analysis.
- Improve your personal effectiveness with key stakeholders.
Day 1: STRATEGY
- The strategic role of sales
- Short-term actions for long-term performance
- Creating and delivering value to customers
Day 2: STRUCTURE
- Key account management and team selling
- Sales structures and internal selling
- The procurement perspective
Day 3: MEASUREMENT
- Sales performance analysis
- Target setting
- Rewards systems in sales
Day 4: DEVELOPMENT
- Sales leadership and development
- Recruiting and retaining talent
- Persuading and influencing
Day 5 (after a few weeks): APPLICATION
- The delegates share their experience implementing some initiative based on the contents of the programme, to get feedback from their peers.
Prior to joining Cranfield, Monica worked for a leading global management consultancy. As a senior consultant she worked with numerous companies from a variety of industries and sectors. Her expertise was in the design and implementation of executive compensation systems and other Human Resources...
Steve has been a Visiting Fellow at Cranfield School of Management for more than 15 years where he contributes to both in company and open programmes. He has been a Visiting Lecturer at the University College of Wales School of Medicine and at IMD in Lausanne. Before moving into management educ...
Javier is an inspiring management educator, researcher and consultant with 20 years of experience working in academia, consultancy and in multinational corporations. He holds positions as Senior Industrial Fellow at the University of Cambridge IfM ECS, and Visiting Fellow at Cranfield School of ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.