Who should attend
The SAL-INSEAD Law Firm Leadership Programme (SILLP) is a bespoke executive management programme tailored for law firm partners who have, or are going to, assume P&L responsibilities and management roles in their firms.
Participants will thus include partners of law firms operating in the Asia-Pacific region. These are professionals who currently have, or are going to assume, management roles as well as profit and loss responsibilities within their law firms.
About the course
Globalisation and the economic shift to Asia has resulted in significant new opportunities for law firms operating in this region.
At the same time, partners in these law firms are facing increased challenges including cost pressures, growing competition and talent retention issues. In this changing legal landscape, law firm partners must complement their technical legal expertise with business acumen and a clear strategy to manage these challenges and seize emerging growth opportunities.
The SAL-INSEAD Law Firm Leadership Programme is a three-day intensive management programme specifically designed and contextualised to address the needs of law firm partners. This unique programme applies business school methodologies to address business challenges faced by law firm partners including strategic planning, improving organisational alignment, managing growth and change, and motivating people and teams.
How you benefit
- 21st century law practice. Build agile and sustainable law practices
- Change management. Seize emerging opportunities in a rapidly changing global economy
- Embracing leadership. Assess and improve his/her capabilities as a team leader
- Team dynamics. Explore best practices for building and leading productive teams
- People management. Improve on your ability to motivate teams
- Facing challenges. Overcome obstacles that stand in the way of effective management and leadership
- Competitive strategy and creating competitive advantage
- Achieving strategic innovation: Understanding the value innovation framework
- Executing your strategy
- Leading organisational change in the digital era
- Leading high performance teams
- Developing your personal leadership philosophy
- Re-entry and personal development plans
Philip Anderson is the INSEAD Alumni Fund Chaired Professor of Entrepreneurship and Professor of Entrepreneurship at INSEAD. He currently teaches courses in strategy, entrepreneurship, leadership, innovation, and change, and has written over 120 original case studies and teaching notes for these ...
Ji-Yub (Jay) Kim is an Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise at INSEAD. A native of South Korea, Jay received his bachelor’s degree from Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. He earned his PhD in Strategic Management and organisation theory from the Wisconsin School of ...
Stefan Thau is Professor of Organisational Behaviour at INSEAD and the Academic Director of the INSEAD’s mobile pop-up laboratory, Singapore Data Team (SiDaT). Stefan completed his PhD in Behavioral and Social Sciences at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, and an MSc (German DiplPsyc...
Senior legal professional with over 15 years of international experience gained across private practice, corporate counsel, government relations and policy formulation roles. Recognised as a leading Corporate M&A lawyer and an authority on technology law and digital evidence. Expertise in cro...
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.