Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
People in companies typically make hundreds of decisions every day; some of them have long-term implications. But big data and smart technology are changing the process of decision-making. This three-day programme will teach you new ways of thinking to keep your decision-making relevant.
This programme, offered by RSM Executive Education, focuses on managerial thinking and reasoning that uses recent developments in big data and artificial intelligence (AI). You will learn decision-making skills that will help you focus on your markets, make strategic progress, and influence consumers.. Over three days, we cover best principles for managerial decision-making – thinking about big data and thinking with big data – as well as rational and irrational human behaviour with regard to product information and prices, and the social aspects of decision-making.
The highly interactive lectures are mixed with exercises, role plays, and case studies. Assignments will be conducted in small groups. These study methods will help you apply new knowledge, and address the needs of your organisation straight away.
This programme aims to help managers understand how the mind works, and how to use this understanding for professional success. You will learn to:
- identify any ‘illusions of understanding’ in your organisation and improve your ability to recognise and deal with the unconscious biases that give rise to it
- adapt your organisation’s decision-making according to new technology such as AI and machine learning
- allow your organisation to benefit from the latest research into how consumers actually make decisions about money, time, products, and services
- deal with uncertainty and risk, and the process of ‘separating signal from noise’
- apply principles of social influence to consumers’ decisions and those in your organisation
- incorporate behavioural economics in your organisation.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for experienced managers and consultants from organisations of all sizes and from various functional areas including operations, marketing, innovation and human resources, who are seeking to deepen their executive decision-making skills. An evaluation is part of the selection process.
Trust the experts
Stefano Puntoni is a professor of marketing at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM). Stefano joined RSM after completing a PhD in marketing at London Business School. His research has appeared in many leading journals, including the Journal of Consumer Research, the Journal o...
Bart de Langhe
Bart De Langhe is Associate Professor of Marketing at ESADE (Barcelona, Spain). He obtained a Ph.D. in Marketing from the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (The Netherlands) and Bachelor and Master Degrees in Psychology from the Catholic University of Leuven (Belgium). Before joi...