Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
The course is designed and targeted to rotating equipment technicians and engineers in charge of troubleshooting, operating and maintaining of rotating equipment. Also personnel involved in balancing, aligning and analyzing vibration of rotating machinery.
About the course
This course aims at providing the participants with a comprehensive theoretical and practical knowledge, and enhancing their skills for the maintenance and operation of rotating equipment. Emphasis shall be laid on topics relevant to machinery maintenance requirements, identify and diagnose the typical faults and troubles of rotating equipment. This includes equipment lubrication, bearing, different types of sealing, coupling, alignment, balance, vibration and analyzes the performance of the rotating equipment components. Selecting the most efficient maintenance strategy will be addressed too.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply techniques for troubleshooting failure causes and consequences
- Identify causes of machinery failures (5 whys)
- Apply condition monitoring technique
- Understand equipment reliability and predictive maintenance fundamentals
- Carryout lubrication monitoring and analysis
- Operate procedures best practices
- Describe RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) procedures and techniques (rotors, journal bearings and vibration, thrust bearings, balance drums, pump mechanical seals, compressor seals - liquid and dry gas, and auxiliary systems)
Principles and Procedures
- Rotating machinery maintenance requirement
- Types of maintenance and the scope of implementation
- Basic guidelines for implementing the convenient type of maintenance.
- Symptoms indicating rotating equipment condition
Rotating Equipment Maintenance
- Rotating equipment monitoring techniques
- Diagnosis the rotating equipment
- Troubleshooting data and investigation guidelines
- Build up a troubleshooting expert system
Vibration Monitoring and Analysis
- Vibration detection and analysis
- Balancing single plane and two planes
- Computer vibration based balancing
Alignment Monitoring and Correction
- Alignment theory and alignment methods
- Measuring and correction misalignment
- Laser, rim and face, reverse indicator alignment
- Bearings types
- Bearings applications
- Bearings selection
- Lubrication purpose, method of lubrication and tools for application
Gears and Gearbox
- Gearbox, coupling and other rotating machinery components
- Failure analysis techniques of gearbox, bearing, coupling and shafts
- Rotating equipment replacement analysis
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.