Role of the Executive pa
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The Institute of Directors.Full disclaimer.
The role of the Executive PA has never been more pivotal to the effectiveness of the director and board. This course combines over 100 years of experience developing business leaders across all sectors with a unique understanding of how critical the role of the Executive PA is to ensuring effective leadership and driving tangible business improvements.
The course will cover the following areas.
Working with directors and the board:
- Understanding corporate governance
- The features of a company
- Roles and responsibilities of directors and Executive PAs
- The purpose and structure of the board
Key ideas and approaches to strategic direction:
- Defining strategy from the Executive PA's perspective
- The strategy making process
- Strategic analysis and models used by your director
- Formulating the strategy
- Strategy development and implementation as an Executive PA
- Sources and instruments of corporate finance
- Demystifying financial terminology and jargon
- Constructing an Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Analysis of your own company’s financial statements
Leading the organisation:
- Examination of culture and values and how the Executive PA can apply them to strategy, aims and objectives
- The techniques, tools and resources needed to deliver corporate strategy
- Organisational design
- Aiding effective leadership
- The Executive PA’s role in managing change
Increasingly, the Executive PA is taking on more responsibilities that have a direct impact on the success of the organisation. In recognition of this, the programme covers four essential areas: corporate governance, finance, strategy and leadership, to broaden your understanding of the role and responsibilities of the board.
You will benefit from the expertise of three course leaders during the programme. Janet Ashford, the lead facilitator, has over 15 years experience as an Executive PA to directors in legal and auditing firms. The corporate governance and finance sections of the programme will be delivered by two specialist course leaders, Paul Munden and Jean Pousson. Both of our course leaders have a wealth of experience leading organisations within the private and public sectors, to give you unique insight into the needs of directors and senior management.
By attending this course you will be equipped with:
- Increased knowledge of the key duties, roles and legal responsibilities of your director
- Improved understanding of vital financial terms and concepts
- An appreciation of the elements that make up an organisation’s financial strategy
- Confidence to support your director when handling financial accounts and interpreting reports
- The ability to discuss strategic issues confidently with directors at board level
- The knowledge to aid your director and the board in setting corporate objectives and defining mission, vision and values
- Techniques, tools and resources that will enable you to improve your director’s ability to lead the organisation
- An opportunity to explore your current working relationships with directors and senior management, and identify ways to manage more effectively
- An action plan with realistic objectives that will enable you to broaden your Executive PA role