Who should attend
Professional Bankers, junior and mid-level banking professionals, investment bankers, and financial services industry professionals.
About the course
In order to sustain and grow in the market, banks have to enhance their risk management expertise. One of the serious challenges that Indian banks are likely to face in the coming years would relate to the acute shortage of trained and qualified risk management professionals, particularly at the middle and senior management levels. In addition to recruiting new employees, there is also a need to re-train the existing bank executives. The function and process of risk management in banks is a complex and daunting task. In the course of their operations, banks are unvaryingly faced with different types of risks that may have a potentially undesirable effect on their financial performance. A comprehensive and reliable risk management system, integrated in all business activities, and well trained professionals to manage such risk management system is one of the important aspect for sustaining business growth.
This three day simulation based training programme will enhance required prerequisite understanding and decision‐making skills of participants for risk management. Using simulation software this programme is specifically designed to provide a realistic exposure to participant with respect to the risk management aspect in the day‐to‐day management of a commercial bank. The program helps to improve the desired understanding of participants to visualise the impact of individual banking operation decisions on a bank’s overall performance, and integrates various functional aspects of bank management in a competitive environment. The simulation allows participants to learn by performing in real‐time banking operation decision, receiving feedback on the decision, and thus to address the implications with new decisions.
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of the various functions of the bank risk management from a decision-making perspective
- To discuss efficient risk management process covering all risks a commercial bank potentially exposed to in its operations
- To analyse the interplay and intricacies between macroeconomics, monetary policy environment, policy rates, and the demand and supply for credit at the bank level
- To identify and analyse the competing impacts of competition and regulation on economic decisions
- To understand the importance of governance and operational risk management in commercial banking
- To familiarise banking operation specific real word environments and dynamically evaluate business decisions
The programme will over the following broad areas:
- Overview of Banking Regulation and Performance Indicator
- Financial Statement Analysis of Commercial Banks
- Liquidity and Credit Risk Management
- Asset and Liability Management
- Interest Rate Risk Management
- Duration Gap Management
- Reserve Requirements and Inter‐Bank Borrowing
- Default Forecasting
- Loan Loss Allowances
- Governance and Operational Risk Management
Dr. Saumya Ranjan Dash has done his Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. (IIT Kharagpur), India. The topic of his doctoral dissertation is Asset Pricing Models, Financial Market Anomalies and Investor Sentiment: Evidences from the Indian Stock Market. Dr. Saumya Ranjan Dash h...
Debasish Maitra is a faculty in the area of Accounting and Finance. He is a fellow from the Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA), India. The topic of his doctoral dissertation is Volatility and Spillover Effects in Indian Commodity Markets: An Empirical Study with A Few Select Commodities. ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.