Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Reduce Business Problems Associated with Risk, While Maximizing Opportunities
Risk management is a proactive process for resolving problems before they occur. It’s also about managing the positive outcome of risk: opportunity. Explore a structured process for identifying and managing both the negative and positive impacts of risk. Plan response strategies that mitigate potential problems, and learn proven techniques for capitalizing on opportunities.
This course is aligned to the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) standards.
- Apply a structured, disciplined process that keeps you on track
- Use data gathering techniques to identify your risks
- Analyze potential risks, and determine which ones to focus on
- Plan appropriate risk responses using a variety of alternatives and options
- Control known risks, and continually assess the project to identify new ones
- Minimize the scale and impact of negative risks
- Optimize the opportunities presented by positive risks
- Become a proactive business leader who resolves problems before they occur
- Risk management framework: key risk factors, risk management maturity model, positive and negative risks
- Planning risk management: risk management levels and sizing, risk rulebook, key risk management tools
- Identifying risks: sources of risk, testing project assumptions and constraints, multiple combined uncertainties, documenting risk characteristics, risk identification tools, risk register
- Assessing risks: qualitative and quantitative analyses, prioritizing risks, probabilities of occurrence and consequences, risk assessment tools
- Planning risk responses: assessing risk tolerances, determining what actions to take and assigning responsibility, different types of response plans, realistic contingency planning, risk control
- Risk management success factors and how to sell risk management in your organization
The action-learning format features simulated exercises in “real-world” business environments. Working in teams, you will apply the tools and techniques you are learning, and experience the process of collaborative planning firsthand.
Who should attend
This workshop is intended for risk managers, operational managers, project and program managers, PMO managers, team leaders who manage operations and/or projects in an organizational context, and any other manager who wants to improve business outcomes.
Trust the experts
Denise is the founder and Managing Partner of Collaborators In Knowledge Inc. She brings more than 40 years of practical experience in managing, auditing and rescuing multi-million dollar projects. She has also trained thousands of students from the private and public sectors in the best practice...