Results Leadership (Masters Certificate in Public Sector Leadership)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Deploy cutting edge methods to achieve extraordinary outcomes
The ability to innovate, to address constant change and solve increasingly complex problems, has become a critical competency for public-sector leaders. Obtain practical advice and tools to manage the innovation process from idea generation to idea selection to idea implementation to idea diffusion.
- Lead successful innovation initiatives in any area of your organization
- Embed an innovation process in your team or organization
- Implement innovations through change management and innovative planning
New Techniques for Funding Public Sector Projects
With ongoing austerity, governments and not-for-profit organizations are looking for new approaches for funding high social impact projects. New funding techniques can promote projects and programs that otherwise would be postponed or eliminated.
Government can also create an environment conducive to greater discretionary giving from corporations and foundations.
- What are the important factors in successful public-private partnerships?
- What are the most prominent social financing instruments and how do they work?
- How can government work with charitable institutions, companies’ CSR functions, and new sources of financing to address social problems?
Program Evaluation to Improve Performance
Learn the tools and techniques of program evaluation to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and services to discover ways to improve results and value for money.
- Understand how to develop meaningful and useful performance measurements
- Learn how to analyze performance information to assess relevance, effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability
- Understand the fundamental tools of improving program performance
Who should attend
The program has been designed for:
- Executives and senior managers at the federal, provincial or municipal levels of government, as well as the broader public sector, who are looking to increase the effectiveness of their department or agency
- High-potential professionals in the public sector who wish to develop their skills to the next level and aspire to senior level leadership in the government or not-for-profit sectors
- Public-sector leaders who will be succeeding to higher levels as current senior personnel retire
- Professionals in the private sector who interface with government