This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Restful APIs Design aims to provide an introduction to the world of APIs from a technical and business perspective. APIs have become a primary product of many technologically driven companies and a part of the daily lives of millions even if they may not realise it.
This course is part of the StackUp - Startup Tech Talent Development programme offered by NUS-ISS.
## Key Takeaways
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
What Will Be Covered
- Understanding APIs and the API Economy and their varied applications
- Discovering existing API services and combining them to build data rich applications
- Examination of popular APIs and their design principals
- Design and Implementation of API services (backend) using Node.js
- API design and security best practices
- Interaction with database technologies with Node.js
The course will be conducted as an outcome-based workshop. Participants will learn the methods and concepts through simulation of real-world scenarios, and then practice them with case models and by creating their very own product. Guidance will be provided via live coding and demos in class, followed by group and individual coaching. Besides learning by instruction and experimentation, participants are expected to think and contribute to discussions. They are expected to exhibit attributes such as resourcefulness and resolve to tackle problems.
Who should attend
- Front End Developers looking to get started in backend development
- Backend Developers looking to get a better understanding of Node.js
- Application Developers who are looking at adding backend services to their applications
Trust the experts
Lee Chuk Munn
Chuk is with the Advanced Technology Applications Practice for National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS). His current responsibilities includes developing courseware, and teaching graduate and public courses in enterprise software engineering, software architecture,...
Vincent is the CTO of Voyager Innovations Singapore, a company that builds digital innovations to transform growth markets. Some of these innovations include the award-winning TackThis (an omnichannel store-builder and marketplace-builder), and PayMaya (a popular Philippines digital payment provi...
Founded an EduTech company. Preparing young ones with coding in all aspect not only software but integration with robotics, devices and anything that have a micro controller chip waiting for us to command them to perform any task. My time it was computer age, newer generation into mobile and futu...