Restful APIs Design
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
Restful APIs Design aims to provide an introduction to the world of APIs from a technical and business perspective. APIs have become a primary product of many technologically driven companies and a part of the daily lives of millions even if they may not realise it.
This course is part of the StackUp - Startup Tech Talent Development programme offered by NUS-ISS.
## Key Takeaways
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
What Will Be Covered
- Understanding APIs and the API Economy and their varied applications
- Discovering existing API services and combining them to build data rich applications
- Examination of popular APIs and their design principals
- Design and Implementation of API services (backend) using Node.js
- API design and security best practices
- Interaction with database technologies with Node.js
The course will be conducted as an outcome-based workshop. Participants will learn the methods and concepts through simulation of real-world scenarios, and then practice them with case models and by creating their very own product. Guidance will be provided via live coding and demos in class, followed by group and individual coaching. Besides learning by instruction and experimentation, participants are expected to think and contribute to discussions. They are expected to exhibit attributes such as resourcefulness and resolve to tackle problems.
Who should attend
- Front End Developers looking to get started in backend development
- Backend Developers looking to get a better understanding of Node.js
- Application Developers who are looking at adding backend services to their applications