Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
According to a FICCI technopak report, the size of the Indian Food Services market in India (organized and unorganized) is estimated at INR 3,37,500 crore in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 10% over the next 5 years to reach INR 5,52,000 crore by 2022. The food and beverage sector in India is already the largest retail consumption category in India, accounting for approximately 31% of the country’s consumption basket, compared to 9% in the US, 17% in Brazil and 25% in China (www.restaurantindia.in). With an increase in the consumer's discretionary expenditure in dine-in services, the demand for better service quality at restaurants is also gaining much attention. Hence, there are several start-ups in fine restaurants and allied technologies. However, there are limited restaurant management training programmes, which can help the restaurants to benchmark, innovate, compete, and grow their business. To address the management training needs in this area, this programme aims to skill the participants in four primary areas: managing restaurant operations, managing restaurant revenues and menu pricing, design thinking for nurturing innovation and integrated user experiences in restaurants, and strategies for a successful restaurateur.
- To equip the participants on restaurant operations management skills
- To guide entrepreneurs for start-ups in restaurant space and nurturing innovation
- To address the pricing and costing complexities in restaurants
A few topics which the programme will focus on are as follows:
- Menu pricing decisions
- Relevant cost analysis to maximize capacity utilization
- Break-even analysis
- Process and capacity analysis and restaurant system dynamics
- Role of ICT in restaurant management.
- Business models, opportunity recognition, planning a market entry, and competitive dynamics.
- Restaurant business valuation
- Experience design, innovation, and agile thinking
Who should attend
- Fine dine-in restaurant managers
- CEOs of restaurant chains
- Restaurant technology developers and specialists
- QSR managers