Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Workplace conflict is inevitable, and it rests on a fulcrum. Handled well, conflict turns into “productive friction” – that is, enhanced creativity, strong morale, nimble action, and smart decisions. Handled poorly, conflict tips the workplace the other way – into opposing factions, low morale, disrupted action, and half-baked decisions. In this course, you will acquire know-how and skills for resolving disruptive conflicts and transforming them into productive action.
Throughout this program, you will gain a better understanding of disagreement and conflict in all directions—downward, across, and upwards within your organization. You’ll gain insight into how cognitive mindsets drive our words and actions and how those actions aid or impede how we handle conflict. Through a balance of synchronous and asynchronous activities, you will participate by reading materials, watching videos and interviews, completing various pre-work and intercession activities, putting your thoughts and reflections in writing, and joining in real-time Zoom discussions with the instructor and your classmates.
- Understanding and leveraging your unique conflict style
- Prioritizing resolution strategies
- A framework and set of tools for constructive engagement
- Develop a proactive mindset for noticing and addressing relevant conflicts
- Utilize a flexible repertoire of productive actions
- Practice opportunities that enhance transfer back to the workplace
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.