Who should attend
Individuals with experience in service industries such as hospitality, tourism and aviation seeking a new career in sales.
About the course
The Reskilling Sales Programme provides individuals with a service background the insights, best practices, tools and hands-on experience to reposition themselves for a successful career in sales.
This practical, two-week, two-hour per day programme is facilitated by HSG professors, lecturers and sales trainers and provides participants with opportunities to put into practice the insights and tools they learn during the two weeks.
Upon completion of the programme, participants are prepared and equipped to begin a career in sales and receive a HSG certificate of attendance.
Provide service-oriented individuals with the insights, practical tools and hands-on training needed to successfully reskill and relaunch their career in sales.
Gain a practical overview of best sales practices and proven sales techniques
Develop a focus on customer centricity and getting to know your customer
Strengthen empathy and listening skills
Build and practice storytelling, communication skills and emotional selling to successfully engage your audience
Strengthen your presence and impact by putting the newly acquired skills and insights into practice
Deliver effective sales practices with a strong customer focus and a ‘get to know the client’ mindset
Sample Programme Content
Kick-off Session & Introduction to Sales
- Recognize what challenges await you and how can you be successful given the challenges?
- Learn about archetypes, success factors, selling solutions not products, adaptation and work structure
- Gain an understanding of customer centricity
- Learn to apply customer centricity in your daily business
- Learn to dive into the psychology of customers
- Establish personas
- Develop a value proposition
- Successfully carry out a call
- Learn what common objections are and how to deal with them
Sales Best Practices
- Understand sales processes
- Communicate effectively
- Manage expectations
Guiding Customers & Maintaining Control
- Understand the customer journey
- Recognize the pitfalls along the customer journey and how to deal with them
- Become familiar with discussion structure based on authentic examples
Happiness & Biases
- Realize that you can only sell well if you are holistically happy
- Get confident to tell your story
- Think like your client
Questions & Listening
- Define your selling style
- Realize that big ears are much more important than a big mouth
- Understand the importance of questions
Stakeholder Management and Structure
- Recognize how to identify and deal with your stakeholders
- Understand the power of simplicity
- Get introduced to simple sales framework
From Insights to Impact
- Gain an understanding of how insights are generated
- Learn to apply insights to your sales organization
Follow-Up, Q&A, Next Steps & Closing
Dr. Tockenbürger graduated from the University of St.Gallen, Switzerland (HSG), in business administration, with an emphasis on finance and accounting. He finished his doctoral studies in 1999 in the technology management specialist program. Since 2000, he has developed and conducted internationa...
Dr. Mike J. Widmer is passionate about intersecting technology, people and business. His multicultural background and international experience allow him to match people not only on a skill but more importantly on a cultural, attitude and values level. The science and art of executive search is wh...
Prof. Dr. Johanna Gollnhofer is Associate Professor of Marketing and leads the Institute for Marketing and Customer Insight at the University of St.Gallen (IMC-HSG) together with Prof. Dr. Sven Reinecke and Prof. Dr. Torsten Tomczak. She is considered an expert for qualitative approaches (especia...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.