Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Project managers who are early in their career Middle management
Leaders who are required to guide their team through difficult circumstances
General managers and executives
- Managers and professionals who are involved with leading others and their organisations
About the course
Learn how to remain a strong leader in the face of uncertainty, frequent setbacks and new challenges.
Gain the practical tools and strategies you need to guide your organisation through difficult times.
Our Resilient Leadership program will teach you to recognise neurobiological responses to stress, understand how thoughts affect emotional reactions and utilise coping strategies for yourself and your team.
You’ll emerge from this program with a "challenge" mindset and the ability to appraise adverse events effectively, avoid negative attributions and blame, provide support and reduce stress across your team and organisation.
Build your resilience
- Understand the crucial factors involved in resilience
- Recognise and mitigate the effects of stress
- Model resilient behaviours in leadership
Learn how to face challenges
- Respond appropriately and constructively to difficult events
- Face challenges with strength and grace
Develop your mindset
- Adopt a learning mindset
- Grow in the face of adversity
- Learn what resilience means, why it is important, and how to apply resilience to the workplace
- Gain tools and tactics to enable you to process and respond to challenging events more effectively
- Understand the power of your mindset and how it can impact your ability to achieve goals and outcomes
Coping with adversity
- Build a toolkit of strategies that will enable you to overcome setbacks and stress in difficult situations
- Understand how to manage and help your team grow in the face of adversity and challenges
Jill Klein joined Melbourne Business School in 2009 as a Professor of Marketing and is also a Professorial Fellow at the Melbourne Medical School. After completing her PhD in Social Psychology at the University of Michigan, Jill joined the faculty at Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Nort...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.