Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- Team leaders and middle managers
- Human Resource and Organisational Development professionals
- Anyone working in an adverse environment where stress is common.
About the course
Fostering team and individual resilience
This program will help leaders maintain psychological wellbeing and improve the performance of individual employees and teams by fostering a culture of resilience.
With increasing volatility and uncertainty in most organisational environments, the ability to bounce back from adversity has never been more valuable.
The program is facilitated by a highly experienced executive educator with a particular interest in the psychology of leadership performance and development.
- Learn how to use leadership styles that promote resilience
- Develop practical strategies using evidence-based theory to build a resilient workforce
- Provide effective support to employees as they navigate adversity in the workplace
This program will equip you with a practical toolkit for strengthening your own resilience as well as your teams. You will develop skills that will help capacity to absorb change and rebound from adversity in times of volatility and uncertainty.
You will learn to:
- Better understand what resilience is and how it can be strengthened or diminished
- Learn how to provide effective support to employees as they navigate adversity in the workplace
- Identify elements of their current work climate that may be undermining resilience
- Adopt leadership styles that promote resilience
- Develop a clearer understanding of your own resilience and identify strategies to build and maintain it.
What you'll learn
- The drivers of resilience: mindsets, purpose and environment
- How to think your way to a healthy workstyle
- Ways to strengthen your mental energy at work, and the energy of your team
- Leadership styles and their impact on resilience
- Practicing resilient leadership through activities, feedback and developing strategies to take back to work.
Rose Trevelyan is a member of the School of Organisation & Management, UNSW Business School. She teaches on a number of programs, including the AGSM MBA (Executive) Strategic Management Year, and AGSM Executive Programs, in the areas of strategic implementation, organisational design, leaders...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.