Reorganisation, Restructuring and Redundancy
Focus on employment law challenges that face your organisation and examine the legal aspects of restructuring.
Effectively managing the legal implications of organisation change, whether through redundancy, outsourcing or other forms of reorganisation, is crucial in order to avoid expensive tribunal claims. This course examines the legal aspects of restructuring, focusing on the employment law challenges for employers.
The Reorganisation, Restructuring and Redundancy course will give you an up to date view of the key legal issues that you need to consider before changing organisational structure, including contract changes, redundancy law, individual and collective consultation requirements and TUPE issues.
- The key principles and the law
- The selection process – the ‘pool’ of selection and selection criteria
- Finding suitable alternative employment
- Avoiding unfair dismissal claims
The Consultation Process
- The duty to inform and consult – when and how it applies
- TUPE and collective redundancy
TUPE and outsourcing
- When does it apply, who is covered?
- Employee rights and TUPE
- Outsourcing and changes to service provision
- Communication and consultation
- The practical lessons
The role of HR in a merger
Changing employment contracts
- Drafting the new employment contract
- Harmonisation of terms and conditions
- Varying a contract of employment
- Avoiding unfair dismissal and breach of contract claims
- Constructive dismissal
Programme is subject to change pending new developments.
Who should attend
HR practitioners responsible for employment issues within their organisation.