Who should attend
This course is designed for facility owners, builders, operators, and engineers; energy managers, auditors, and consultants; architectural firms; sustainability professionals; and community planners, regional planners, and officials.
About the course
The demand for companies to incorporate green energy into their buildings and facilities continues to grow, and for good reason! A facility that can develop a renewable energy management system benefits from energy independence and reduces its long-term energy costs. In this course, you will gain an understanding of renewable energy systems, including fundamentals and scaled demonstrations. You will see state-of-the-art research facilities and advanced technological developments relating to renewable energy. Finally, you will be able to apply your newfound insights via conceptual design exercises that enable you to begin assessing renewable energy options for your respective facilities and other interests.
What You Will Learn
- Renewable, alternative, and "clean" energy techniques
- Renewable energy systems
- Renewable energy implementation
How You Will Benefit
- Gain an understanding of the benefits and challenges of major technologies such as solar thermal, photovoltaic (PV) energy, hydro and wind turbines, bioenergy, and fuel cells.
- Learn energy management strategies, including dynamic planning and energy storage.
- Participate in hands-on demonstrations of solar PV and power generation.
- Develop the skillset to analyze your own facility with Hypergeometric Optimization of Motif EnRichment (HOMER) software for alternative energy options.
- Tour Georgia Tech’s Carbon Neutral Energy Solutions Laboratory; the Platinum LEED-certified, award-winning building on campus; and the nexus of energy-focused research and academic collaboration at the Institute.
- RENEWABLE ENERGY FUNDAMENTALS AND EXAMPLES
- RENEWABLE ENERGY STORAGE AND ANALYSIS
Dr. Comas Lamar Haynes is a faculty member of the Georgia Tech Center for Innovative Fuel Cell and Battery Technologies. His research includes modeling steady state and transient behavior of advanced energy systems, thermal management of fuel cells, and the characterization and optimization of no...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.