Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
This brand new agenda will enable you to:
- Understand the outlook of lenders in project finance and the risk vs. reward position of debt financiers
- Understand risk identification, risk allocation and risk mitigation techniques that are incorporated in renewable energy project finance
- Use a power project financing “toolkit” incorporating
- project risk appraisal and mitigation
- project quantitative analysis and debt sizing structuring
- project fi nance loan documentation
- Understand key technical aspects of the renewal power sector and the changing structure of the industry
- Have access to a highly experienced project finance professional, who has a strong reputation as a trainer, with a willingness to answer your project finance questions
How You Will Learn
Interactive work/group discussions and exercises, will reinforce theory and knowledge acquired
Case studies and exercises include: Renewable energy auction; Key risk elements in the transaction; Three offshore wind farms; African hydro plant; European solar P.V.; Kramer wind farm
- Introduction - What is Project Finance?
- Project Finance and Renewable Energy
- Project Finance - Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Identify, Mitigate and Allocate
- Offtake Regime and Credit Quality
- Emerging Market Transactions – How Are They
- Different from Developed Markets
- Approaches to Manage Political Risk Issues
- Equator Principals
- The Cashflow Model
- Project Finance Loan Documentation
- Renewable Energy Technologies
Neil Edmonds has worked in the banking industry for over 35 years. Over the last few years, Neil has worked in the Loan Syndications team at Standard Chartered Bank focusing on Structured Finance transactions. Neil’s involvement in the Power and Utility sectors dates back to the privatisation of...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.