Renewable Energy Project Finance
There is no denying that project fi nance has become the key financing technique for renewable energy development. In order to operate in the sector, we are seeing major multinational companies that have substantial balance sheets using project fi nance, as it allows their partners/co-sponsors access to funding. In fact, power project fi nance (which is dominated by renewable energy) is now over 50% of the entire project fi nance market and has become the dominant industrial sector.
In recognition of this strengthening trend, IFF has designed this highly focused renewable energy project fi nance course. The course will provide training on the fundamental building blocks of project fi nance and how the market has adapted to the dynamics of the renewable energy industry. Once the participants have gained, or reinforced, an understanding of the project fi nance building blocks, we will look at the differing renewable technologies and the impact on project fi nance structures.
The course will look at how fi nancing structures can adapt and how they can be robust enough to be able to withstand the challenges of this changing market environment.
ATTENDING THIS COURSE WILL BENEFIT YOU BY
- Understanding the outlook of lenders in project fi nance and the risk vs. reward position of debt fi nanciers
- Providing an understanding of risk identifi cation, risk allocation and risk mitigation techniques that are incorporated in renewable energy project fi nance
- Providing you with a power project fi nancing “toolkit” incorporating
- project risk appraisal and mitigation
- project quantitative analysis and debt sizing structuring
- project fi nance loan documentation
- Understand key technical aspects of the renewal power sector and the changing structure of the industry
- Have access to a highly experienced project finance professional, who has a strong reputation as a trainer, with a willingness to answer your project finance questions
How You Will Learn
Interactive work/group discussions and exercises, will reinforce theory and knowledge acquired
Case studies and exercises include: Renewable energy auction; Key risk elements in the transaction; Three offshore wind farms; African hydro plant; European solar P.V.; Kramer wind farm