Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Learn how to achieve operational excellence through ITIL Release, Control, and Validation processes, activities, and functions.
In this course, you will examine the practical aspects of the ITIL service lifecycle and processes associated with the release, control, and validation (RCV) of services and service delivery. You will focus primarily on the operational-level process activities and their corresponding supporting methods. In a sensible, experiential learning environment you will learn the core disciplines of ITIL best practices. After the course you will be in an excellent position to successfully complete the associated exam. The exam will be offered on the last day of the course. The main process focus areas of this course include:
- Service asset and configuration management (SACM)
- Change management
- Change evaluation
- Release and deployment management
- Service validation and testing
- Request fulfillment
- Knowledge management
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
What You Will Cover
- Importance of service management as a practice concept and service transition principles, purpose, and objective
- Importance of ITIL RCV while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL RCV interact with other service lifecycle processes
- Activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL RCV processes
- How to use the ITIL RCV processes, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Measure ITIL RCV
- Importance of IT security and its contributions to ITIL RCV
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL RCV
- Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks associated with ITIL RCV
- ITIL Foundation Certification (see seminar #72975)
- Two to four years of relevant work experience
- To prepare for the end-of-class exam, it is recommended that you review the ITIL Service Strategy (ISBN 10: 0113310455), Service Design (ISBN 10: 0113310471), and Service Transition (ISBN 10: 0113310487) and complete at least 12 hours of personal study
Who should attend
IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices or anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT.