This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
NOCs - Major players in the industry
National Oil Companies (NOCs) play a central role in the development of the international Oil & Gas industry. They control the majority of the global reserves and hydrocarbons production. Moreover, NOCs have the mandate to create value from the development of their own hydrocarbon resources, playing a central role in ensuring the energy supply for supporting national economic growth.
NOCs’ stakeholders and modus operandi are distinct from other Oil & Gas companies. Besides the expected high operational standards to create value from the hydrocarbon operations, NOCs are the champions of the national resources development and usually play a social - political role.
Anticipate – Innovate – Transform
The Oil & Gas industry is under a phase of profound transformation. The energy transition and its alternative solutions to fossil fuels, skepticism about the future of the Oil & Gas industry, new digital technologies, industries convergence, and changes in customer preferences are reshaping the future. Leaders are in the process of discovering the meaning of these changes for their business strategy and operations.
This program brings together leaders from National Oil Companies and other industry stakeholders. Participants discuss current operational challenges and prepare themselves for the future by learning how to:
- Anticipate. By identifying key trends and external disruptions in the Oil & Gas industry and discussing their meaning for each NOC.
- Innovate. By analyzing and assessing different models to perpetuate NOC leadership in their ability to shape the Oil & Gas value chain of tomorrow, from exploration to fuel distribution.
- Transform. By designing sustainable levers to transform the operations towards their own targets, leveraging the advantages of being a National Champion and mitigating the risks.
WU Executive Academy offers this program in cooperation with Arthur D. Little (ADL). ADL has more than 100 years of consulting experience in the Oil & Gas industry and is actively supporting National Oil Companies all over the world in transforming their management, processes, and resources in order to prepare them for the challenges of tomorrow.
Day 1: Overview of oil & gas macro trends
- Evolution of the O&G players landscape over time
- The diversity and uniqueness of NOCs, realities and respective constraints
- The main challenges of NOCs today
- The boom of Downstream & Petrochemicals investments by NOCs
- The significance of energy transition for NOCs
Day 2: Evolution of oil & gas operations
- The challenge of the maturity turning point
- Exploration strategies for complex resources
- From conventional large oilfields to complex offshore production
- The criticality of integrated supply chain capabilities and risk management
- The impact of new technologies
Day 3: NOCs management complexities
- Evolving contracts & regulations (new trends in contracting models; technical service agreements, opening of NOCs captive markets)
- Portfolio management & diversification (M&A trends; development into renewables)
- NOCs’ Internationalization (Gains and challenges of upstream internationalization; Managing non-operated assets abroad)
Day 4: Defining a proper efficiency model for NOCs
- NOCs Management Transformation
- Technology transfer & national content ("in country value")
- Challenges of the nationalization of human resources and suppliers
- Technology and Innovation Management for NOCs
Who should attend
The intended audience of this program are decision makers from National Oil Companies as well as their partners, suppliers, government representatives, and other stakeholders who want to get a comprehensive overview of industry trends and methodologies used to anticipate, innovate, and transform in the context of the NOC’s core mission. By bringing together experienced managers as well as future decision makers connected to National Oil Companies, participants will profit from one another’s experience and views on the energy industry future, to create different scenarios for NOC transformation and new roles.
Trust the experts
2007-2008 Post Doctoral Qualification 2003-2007 PhD-Student 1996-2002 Student of Business Administration Researcher Identifier No researcher identifier found. Awards and Honors 2015 CEMS Best Course Award "Best International Business Project" EIBA 2015 Conference - Best Paper Award in Int...
Alexandre is a Partner at Arthur D. Little based in the Middle East, and is the Energy & Utilities Practice Lead for the Middle East. Alexandre has served a wide range of clients across the entire energy value chain, with twenty years of strategy consulting experience. Alexandre’s focus is on...
Paola is a Principal at Arthur D. Little in our Houston office. She has extensive experience working with large energy companies in the Americas. Since joining Arthur D. Little in 2008, Paola has focused on economic and financial feasibility studies for the oil and gas industry, market studies, ...
Carlos Garibaldi has over 35 years of experience in Oil & Gas, and solid expertise in Latin America, General Management, Business Development, Exploration New Ventures, M&A, Valuations, Contract Negotiations, Strategic Planning, Management Consulting (Strategic and Organizational), Field ...
Rodolfo is the Managing Partner of Arthur D. Little’s Latin American operation and head of the Houston office. With over twenty-five years of management consulting experience, he has developed extensive knowledge of the global energy industry, specially the oil and gas business. His functional i...
Daniel is the Managing Partner of Arthur D. Little’s Buenos Aires office, and a member of our Global Energy Practice. He has provided assistance to both national and international energy, oil and gas companies on corporate strategy, organization, and economic analysis in the Middle East, Asia, E...
Energy trends in the Middle East, August 2018 Local content after a booming oil & gas cycle, May 2018 Competencies: Management Consulting in the Energy sector with a focus on upstream oil and gas Strategy, Organization, People Management, Portfolio Management, Process and Operations Other...
Tom is a Partner based in our London office with the responsibility of enhancing and building the Risk practice’s service offering . He brings 20+ years risk management experience both in senior consulting and operational roles. His key areas of expertise include: Risk based strategic planning ...