Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Understand, strengthen and adapt your personal leadership style.
Grow as a leader. Identify, optimize and adapt your personal leadership style. Strengthen your leadership ability through a combination of classroom instruction in leadership concepts and frameworks, assessments, and peer discussion which will result in personal reflection, learning and action planning. Achieve awareness and mastery of your own leadership approaches and expertise. Improve your understanding of contextual demands and how different leadership styles and behaviors best meet those demands. Draw out personal learning based on tangible opportunities to practice the art of leadership.
- Demonstrate greater awareness and mastery of your own leadership approaches
- Recognize the most effective leadership style for a given circumstance
- Define the legacy you would want to leave behind as a leader
- The difference between leadership and management
- The types of people who make good leaders
- Whether leaders are “born” or “made”
- How to know if and when you should adapt your leadership style
- How general intelligence and emotional intelligence are different
- The different ways in which emotional intelligence enables effective leadership
- Analyzing the leadership context that you face
Professional Awards ING Professor of Excellence2011 Regents'' Outstanding Teaching Award2010 Trammell/CBA Foundation Teaching Award for Assistant Professors2009 McCombs Research Excellence Grant for “Speaking sideways to speak up”2008 McCombs Research Excellence Grant for “Employee voice and...
Biography Shefali V. Patil is an Assistant Professor of Management at the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin. Her research examines how employees cope with various evaluative challenges, such as perceived public misunderstandings of their jobs, public scrutiny/criticism, an...
University of Texas at Austin Doctor of Philosophy Higher Education Administration and Leadership Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana Master of Public Administration Cognate: Education Policy University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Lafayette, Louisiana Bachelor of Arts, Summa cu...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.