Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Recruitment using Social Media is suitable for those involved in recruitment and will be of special interest to those interested in learning new techniques in order to improve their recruitment processes.
About the course
Broaden your reach and impact through effective use of social media recruitment channels
The Recruitment Using Social Media interactive workshop will deliver insight and share experiences that will build your skills and help you make your recruitment process more social and effective. Practical application of the insight is a critical part of this workshop, enabling you to experience social recruiting through a range of exercises.
By the end of the Recruitment using Social Media workshop you will be able to:
- Understand the value of social recruitment marketplace and why you should start to use social recruiting as a sourcing channel
- Evaluate which options to use when recruiting via social media – the what, why and how?
- Understand more about key social technologies and their uses
- Consider how social recruitment practices can be part of the recruitment portfolio
- Understand more about how candidates have changed and how to appeal to or approach them via social platforms
- Be able to realistically assess and evaluate whether social recruitment can be a value add
- Create a social recruitment strategy in support of your wider HR/People strategy.
- Overview: The world of social media and where it has come from
- What is social recruiting and the social recruiting marketplace?
- Things you need to consider when using social media as an option
- An overview of key technologies;
- Other useful social channels, tools and providers
- How to behave online to ensure you build a strong profile
- Discussion: deciding which social channels will suit which types of role
- Your social recruitment next steps
- How to craft a strategy and develop sourcing channels that are cost effective.
Giles O’Halloran, Lead Tutor HR Business Partner Programmes, CIPD. Giles is an experienced HR and Recruitment professional who works as a freelance consultant, strategist, writer and coach. He started his HR career with IBM after first reading Modern Languages at Warwick University and becoming ...
EPIC helps people and places to Evolve, Perform, Improve and Compete. I’m Gary Cookson – a portfolio HR, OD and L&D Director doing a mix of self employed, associate and freelance work. I’m a CIPD Chartered Fellow, a Fellow of the Learning and Performance Institute, a qualified coach and mem...