Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Recruit – retain – develop. Broaden your reach and impact and build a strong process to recruit a high performing workforce with this vital three day course.
Recruitment, Selection and Resourcing Talent is a highly effective course providing an overview of the recruitment, selection and resourcing process, including preparation for, and practical experience of, conducting interviews. This purposeful course provides you with the essential tools for different recruitment and selection methods, explains the legal context of recruitment and selection, and how to select appropriate recruitment channels. The group discussions and practical application of your skills developed over the three days will enable you to understand how best to construct job descriptions and person specifications, and ascertain suitably effective induction processes.
By the end of Recruitment, Selection and Resourcing Talent you'll be able to:
- explain the factors that affect an organisation’s talent planning, recruitment and selection policy
- identify appropriate recruitment and selection methods
- contribute to the recruitment and selection interviewing process for a job role
- demonstrate an understanding of the importance of effective induction.
- Talent planning, recruitment and selection policies: attracting talent; the benefits of attracting and retaining a diverse workforce
- The recruitment and selection process: key elements
- Equal opportunities: dealing with subjectivity, diversity and good practice; major legal issues in recruitment and selection
- Compiling a job description, person specification and writing competencies
- Interviewing skills: preparing questions and questioning techniques; structuring the interview
- Practicing your interviewing and selection skills: role playing a selection interview
- Making a decision: arriving at soundly-based selection decisions; evaluating candidates at shortlist stage and after interview; feedback to unsuccessful candidates
- The importance of effective induction: the basics of an induction process.
Who should attend
Recruitment, Selection and Resourcing Talent is suitable for HR support roles, or if you're looking to become involved in recruitment, selection and resourcing talent.
Trust the experts
Ally is an HR practitioner with 20 years UK and international experience within small, medium and large Blue Chip businesses. A subject matter expert in the field of talent management, succession planning, workforce planning and recruitment, Ally is currently an HR consultant and trainer for the...
Philippa has a wealth of consultancy experience both in the private and not-for-profit sectors. She specialises in HR specifically carrying out HR audits; return on investment (ROI) of, for example, the training function; employment law issues including reviewing contracts, policies and procedure...
Tina’s has over 18 years’ of HR experience, with a background in blue-chip UK businesses such as Esso Petroleum, Vodaphone, Honda UK and heading up the HR function in Virgin’s groundbreaking and exciting foray into Automotive retailing with Virgin Cars. After a spell as an HR Consultant supportin...