Real Estate Management: Finance, Design, and Leadership
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Harvard Graduate School of Design.Full disclaimer.
As economic conditions improve and the pace of development accelerates, forward-thinking real estate leaders must position their firms to seize new growth opportunities and maximize asset values. With the Real Estate Management Program, you'll discover ways to lead your real estate organization through periods of market and industry change, examine land valuation and market demand, and manage projects across vendors, suppliers, and capital sources.
What You Can Expect
As the global real estate industry emerges from the financial market crisis, industry leaders must become more adept at identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities, while maximizing resources and designing more innovatively.
The Real Estate Management Program brings industry leaders together with real estate practitioners to examine real-world scenarios, best practices, resource and design innovations, and effective leadership techniques for competing successfully in an increasingly complex market. It is designed to help you better position your firm for short-term stability and long-term growth.
In this program, you will explore new strategies for enhancing operational efficiency and improving your leadership skills. Topics will include:
- Unlocking new sources of real estate capital
- Understanding real estate benchmarking indicators
- Exploring leading-edge thinking in commercial real estate
- Teeing up your organization to get to the next level
- Analyzing emerging market opportunities
- Delivering projects on time and on budget
- Building and contracting with industry talent
Your Course of Study
Through case studies, interactive classroom exercises, small group discussions, and exposure to the latest research, you will evaluate strategies for designing, financing, and leading commercial real estate projects in today's complex global market.
How Financial Modeling Unlocks Value
- Organizing joint ventures and private equity investors
- Examining land valuation and market demand
- Balancing financial analysis with project scope and aesthetics
- Using scenario planning to minimize surprises and evaluate real options
How Design Creates Value
- Optimizing concepts in urban design, architecture, and the built environment
- Analyzing customer segmentation and product strategy
- Assessing branding in design using a benefit/cost approach
How Project Leadership Maintains Value
- Constructing and implementing effective communication strategies
- Managing projects across vendors, suppliers, and capital sources
- Exploring bidding, cost control, and project scheduling
How Strategy Helps Real Estate Organizations Grow
- Analyzing how global economic and capital market scenarios affect business strategy
- Leading your real estate organization through periods of market and industry change
- Examining how to structure your organization for long-term business success
Who should attend
This program is designed for executives with substantial, long-term experience in real estate—including real estate owners, lending officers, and private real estate developers—and for real estate industry service providers, such as financial analysts, lawyers, architects, urban planners, and brokers.
Typical participant titles may include:
- Chief executive officer
- Managing director/Managing partner
- Chief operating officer
- Chief financial officer
- Senior vice president
- Chief counsel
- General manager