Who should attend
Entrepreneurs involved with start-ups seeking funds or seasoned executives running small or medium businesses looking to expand. Capital raising is a critical milestone for any developing business. Yet leaders are rarely exposed to the inner workings of running a successful capital raising campaign with very few executives having been involved in all facets of such a complex exercise. This workshop plugs this gap and provides all the skills required to maximise the potential of successfully raising capital.
About the course
Securing funds to start up or expand your business
This holistic strategy and business exercise reviews, reinvents and redeploys each facet of the business in order to make it as presentable and compelling as possible – and thus raise its prospects of successfully securing capital.
In the process of making the complex simple and the simple compelling, every dimension of the business is discussed and evaluated from the strategy to the roadmap, from the team to the technology, and from optimising its networking and negotiation positions. The workshop is structured to ensure participants are coached to speak a language that resonates with potential investors – from better understanding the explicit and non-explicit objectives of venture capital or private equity funds (just to name some profiles of potential investors) to the narratives associated with a successful business model and the de-risking of milestones. It thus greatly maximises the potential for successful business development and capital raising campaigns.
At the completion of the program, participants will have an increased capacity to;
- Identify and navigate the key elements of the ‘Capital Cycle’ – using a global, strategic and practical approach encompassing many aspects of the process that extend far beyond the much narrower silos of Venture Capital and/or Private Equity
- Manage the early stages of a new venture and articulate a vision that carries the venture forward, including distilling the story into an impactful teaser and a successful Investment Memorandum to create a simple and compellingly message
- Apply tools to derive an appropriate valuation for the business and equip participants with the skills necessary to successfully address the key investment concerns of potential investors
- Understand the importance of breaking down the development process into milestones to identify and de-risk the key steps of the value-creation journey. The important concept of ‘sequential valuation curve’ will be presented and discussed
- Discuss the key elements of the due diligence process and the main features of a successful capital raising process at this critical stage
- Create a framework to approach and successfully navigate the negotiation phase that invariably precedes any injection of new capital
- Speak a language that resonates with potential investors and thus be seen as credible partners worthy of being backed financially.
Patrick Kedemos has 25 years of experience, including 16 years in increasingly senior roles within the international industrial, medical and environmental gases industry at Air Liquide and Wesfarmers. Patrick started his career as the founder of Action Plus, a company providing marketing researc...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.