Puzzling it out – Problem Solving and Insight Thinking for Business
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Too often in business we settle for quick solutions chosen by habit, rather than trying new approaches. We especially discount approaches that involve having fun: we assume we are not taking things seriously. In evolutionary terms, however, play has a very serious purpose. By sparking insights and full-brain thinking, it prepares us to meet life’s most pressing challenges.
This unique workshop engages the power of puzzles to propel your lateral-thinking, decision-making and problem-solving prowess. Recognize the role puzzles can play in building your mental fitness for business. Open the pathways of insight, to see the inner nature of things and relationships. Reclaim the power of play to become a better decision maker in business and in life.
- Learn principles of “how to solve it”
- Ask pointed questions to overcome roadblocks and advance toward a solution
- Use the entire problem-solving apparatus in your brain
- Find new ways to think outside the box
- Simplify problems to see the key points, and search for alternative ways to solve them
- Collaborate with others to gain insight and get unstuck
- Increase your confidence and have more fun when trying something new
In a supportive setting, you will work to solve puzzles and problems of all types. Experience the mental expansion that comes when you challenge yourself, and recognize how these mind-opening skills can be applied in business.
- Insight thinking: general problem-solving strategies and techniques
- The puzzle-solving toolbox in your head: assessing skills you know you have, discovering ones you don’t know you have, reigniting long-forgotten childhood processes, integrating your right and left brain, tapping into your subconscious
- Asking questions when: your intuition is wrong, your path to the solution is inefficient, the information is incomplete, multiple answers are possible, the answer is unexpected
- A workshop of classic and modern puzzles: number puzzles, word puzzles, logic puzzles, visual puzzles, lateral thinking puzzles for team problem solving, and more
- Applications to business: brainstorming, deconstructing and reassembling business issues to get at workable solutions, enlivening communication, spotting errors, addressing situations from your work
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who wants to learn new lateral-thinking and problem-solving approaches in order to gain fresh insights into business challenges.