Who should attend
This program is designed for cross-functional managers, team leaders and high-potential individuals preparing for promotions, particularly those who want to encourage independence, innovation and creativity among their direct reports.
About the course
Reignite your sense of purpose and inspire innovation by developing a stakeholder approach to leadership.
- Bring diverse teams together by aligning values with organizational goals.
- Develop a leadership style personalized to your own strengths and values.
- Engage your organization's stakeholders — employees, suppliers, customers, communities, etc. — setting the right goals, making collaborative decisions, and creating an environment that honors your shared sense of purpose.
Cultivate your ideal habits, principles and strengths as a leader
- Participate in theater-based exercises, real-world workshops, and executive coaching to discover hidden facets of your potential.
- Embrace listening as a key leadership skill, and practice offering constructive feedback.
- Brainstorm custom solutions to potential challenges and organizational roadblocks in your pursuit of purpose driven leadership.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Align your long-term vision with your organization's needs, and win support for your development from supervisors and stakeholders.
- Get the best results out of your team by inspiring the confidence and creativity that already exists within them.
- Maintain your focus on future goals, despite daily urgencies and immediate tasks.
- Allocate your attention and energy so you can accomplish what needs to be done, while inspiring and encouraging others.
Education: B.A., Duke University; Ph.D., Washington University R. Edward Freeman is University Professor and Olsson Professor of Business Administration; Academic Director of the Business Roundtable Institute for Corporate Ethics; and an Academic Director of the Institute for Business in Society...
David Newkirk served as CEO of Executive Education at the University of Virginia's Darden School of Business from 2005-2012, during which time the program was twice ranked #1 globally by the Financial Times. Earlier, he was a Senior Partner at Booz Allen (now Strategy&) where he led the world...
Education: B.A., University of Virginia; MBA, Ph.D., University of Virginia Assistant Professor Bidhan ("Bobby") Parmar teaches First Year Ethics and a Second Year elective on collaboration at the Darden School of Business. He was recently named one of the top 40 Business School professors under...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.