Who should attend
This program is ideal for purchasing or supply chain managers who want to advance their careers, as well as for individuals who want to explore this profession as a new career.
Professionals from a number of industries, such as healthcare, public service, retail and manufacturing, can benefit and prepare for the CPSM® examinations.
About the course
Supply management has advanced the role of purchasing beyond achieving sustainable and recurring cost savings. Optimal purchasing and supply management positions an organization to provide more value to customers, establish market differentiation, develop lasting supplier relationships and become flexible and agile.
Based upon ISM's Professional Series, the Purchasing and Supply Management Certificate Program uses lectures, team interaction, activities and classroom discussion to help you advance your career in purchasing and supply management. The program also prepares you for the examinations to become a Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) from the Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM).
- Gain an understanding of the best practices and processes of supply management
- Develop practical skills to make accurate and profitable decisions
- Learn how to create and implement innovative and effective supply strategies
- Bring the latest supply management practices to your organization
- Integrate the supply management function into your organization's supply chain networks
- Prepare for the Institute of Supply Management's CPSM® certification exams
This 16-week certificate program covers the following topics:
Foundations of Supply Management
- Contracting and negotiation
- Cost finance
- International market assessment
- Social responsibility
- Supplier relationship management
Effective Supply Management Performance
- Materials and inventory management
- Organization/department assessment
- Product development
- Project management
Leadership in Supply Management
- Human resource management
- Leadership styles
- Risk and compliance
- Strategic sourcing
- Team building
- Managing conflict
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.