Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is directed at maintenance & operations personnel, supervisors, engineering teams and team leaders who are involved in an operations function and who are responsible for leading and directing people to achieve and improve productivity levels. Those faced with the challenge of actually using the various techniques of troubleshooting & problem solving to reduce downtime and waste and improve run efficiencies will benefit. It is of equal importance to production, maintenance engineering & process engineering personnel.
About the course
In today’s full integrated manufacturing processes there is a relentless drive to continually improve the performance and productivity of the plant and machinery.
In many companies the use of best practices in production management, maintenance strategies and material technologies has brought the levels of equipment effectiveness to commendably high levels – and the challenge now is to find those incremental steps to continue the improvement process. All these efforts come to focus in the operations area where results depend on the effectiveness of the “plant, + people + process” combination. This seminar addresses that combination, and recognizes that many problem areas are less to do with technology and more to do with people interact with the plant and process.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Develop structured approach to troubleshooting and problem solving that uses a common terminology and shared understanding
- Point the way to continuous improvement in the way you run your processes and make incremental efficiency gains
- Understand the difference the difference between having a techniques manual on the bookshelf – and actually making it work
- Identify the “motivated” people who should be the champions of troubleshooting and problem solving - and who should just follow
- Understand work practices which “allow” success in Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
## Course Outline
- The Thinking Process
- The Nature of Problems
- Structured Approaches – 6 Big Losses
- Techniques and tools Introduction
Tools and Techniques
- Problem Analysis
- Practical Use of Tools and Techniques
- Case Studies
- Project Selection Methods
- Tools & Techniques – Selecting the right one
People Issues When Dealing With Problem Solving
- Working Practices
- Group Dynamics and individual Motivators
- Managing Change
Operational Functions and Management Functions Interface
- Cross Functional Working
- Effects and Strategy
- Functional Analysis
Open Forum and Discussions
- Your Problems – Case Studies
- Current Solution and Effectiveness
- Your Recommendation for Improvement
- Who Responsibility and How to ensure that the target dates are met?
- How to measure effects before, during, while under consideration & upon acceptable results
Action Plan with Results Obtained Case Studies
- How to build a preventive maintenance schedule from the data obtained
- Relationship between preventive maintenance schedule and total action plan
Engineering System Requiring Troubleshooting And Problem Solving Case Study On System Related To:
- Basic Refrigeration & Air Condition Practices
- Pumps – Rotating Machines & Components
Troubleshooting Specific Engineering Systems And Problem Solving Case Study On System Related To:
- Mechanical & Electrical Systems
Hydraulic, Pneumatic Systems & PLC
## Course Methodology
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.