Public Speaking I: Building Confidence & Clarity
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rady School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Terrified of speaking in public? Intimidated by speaking in front of your peers? Looking to hone your skills as a public presence? Whether building team relationships or presenting business plans to potential investors, the most successful business people are confident public speakers. Techniques used by actors to overcome stage fright and create exciting performances can be used in the workplace to communicate effectively, build stronger teams and increase confidence and leadership skills. This course teaches relaxation, concentration, public speaking and team building exercises used in the theater to create more confident business professionals.
- Gain key tools to help overcome the fear of public speaking
- Achieve awareness of how body language can create a strong executive presence
- Discover how to use their voice effectively to inspire confidence in their ideas
- Uncover how active listening and reading body language can aid in communication
This interactive course will help participants:
- Relaxation and concentration tips for public speaking
- Theatre techniques to build confidence in public situations
- Active listening skills
- Improvisational skills
Who should attend
This course is appropriate for any business professional that must interact publically, give presentations to investors, lead work group meetings, pitch ideas or represent their company in social events.