Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This Oxford Public Relations in the Oil and Gas Industry training seminar is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for managing relations with stakeholders and maintaining long-term relationships with government, visitors, partners, customers, guests and VIPs.
- PR, public affairs, corporate communications and media / press officers
- Community relations specialists
- Government and external affairs personnel
- Managers of all levels and team leaders
- Middle and senior managers with a responsibility for effective communications
About the course
Public Relations in the Oil and Gas Industry will help your organisation to tell its story in a way that fosters understanding building relations with local communities, national governments, campaigners and the media building your brand and reputation. This powerful training seminar takes a problem-solving approach to the design of PR programmes for the oil and gas industry. By closely fitting the approach to core business priorities it reinforces key messages and organisational strategy.
You will learn to:
- Set clear objectives and KPIs with realistic budgets and schedules
- Design and plan successful campaigns
- Engage your target audiences – including the media – with great content
- Use key tools and techniques to influence audience behaviour
- Optimise coverage in your target channels
- Develop crisis and litigation management approaches
- The Role of Communications and PR in the Oil and Gas Industries
- From Exploration to Retail - Engaging and Marshalling your supply Chain
- Setting SMART Objectives to Meet your Business Needs
- The Psychology of Persuasion
- The Power of Storytelling – Building your Message House
- Choosing Channels to Reach your Target Audience, The POEM Acronym
- Choosing your Causes for PR Crisis Defence
- Social Responsibility Reporting
- Environmental Scanning, using SWOT and PEST Analyses and Scenarios
- Advanced Issue Management
- Informing, Consulting and Working with the ‘C’ suite
- Using Measurement to Improve Performance
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.