Public Management and Governance
Want to master management and governance to advance your career in the public sector?
The South African Government is the single largest employer in the country, and recently committed to spend more than R800-billion over three years, on national infrastructure development.
Meet the increasing demand for well-qualified, public-oriented officials who can manage service delivery ethically and earn the University certificate you need to compete for a management and leadership role in the public sector.
What will set you apart
Register for the UCT Public Management and Governance online short course and learn how to:
- Lead and manage successful teams in the public sector with an in-demand, values-driven skill set
- Identify and effectively manage situations unique to the context of the public sector
- Address the values, ethics and competencies related to public administration in developing countries
- Develop your policy and evaluation expertise with real-world skills and practical applications
Gain the skills and knowledge needed to drive effective change in your community. With a personalised and supported framework, you’ll study in your own time, guided by industry experts and a dedicated support team. Here’s what you’ll cover:
- Orientation Module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1 Introduction to public management
- Course Module 2 The political-administrative relationship
- Course Module 3 Public finance management
- Course Module 4 Policy management
- Course Module 5 Policy monitoring and evaluation
- Course Module 6 Organisational behaviour and human resource management
- Course Module 7 Decentralised service management in local government
- Course Module 8 Ethics and governance