Who should attend
This conference is designed for public sector trustees, administrators and staff who work with health and welfare or pension plans.
About the course
The public sector has faced unique challenges in recent years with budget cuts and media attention on benefit plans. The Public Employee Benefits Institute is dedicated to addressing the benefits topics most critical to public plans.
Gather in an intimate environment to hear best practices, discuss issues and share ideas with peers who work with public sector benefit plans.
- Economic Update
- Public Employee Legislative and Regulatory Update
- Legislative Update—Health Funds
- Properly Communicating Retirement
- Managing Investment Return Assumptions in Public Plans
- The Changing Health Care Environment
- What to Do About Cybersecurity
- Pharmacy Benefits
- Handling the Opioid Epidemic
- Mental Health
- Public Sector Case Studies in Retiree Health Care
- Maximizing Your Governmental Retirement Plans
- Changes in Retiree Health
- Preventive Health Outcomes in the Public Sector
- What to Expect From Your Investment Consultants and Managers
- Impact of Supreme Court Decision—After Janus v. AFSCME
- How Public Sector Benefits Compare to Private Sector
Benefits of Attending
- Learn from industry experts about the latest in the world of benefits—Be prepared for what lies ahead
- Network with peers who face similar challenges—Learn from their mistakes, benchmark your performance and gather workable ideas and solutions to implement
- Bring home helpful resource materials to share with colleagues, from sample documents to checklists and case studies—The value of your attendance will continue long after you've left the program
As the CEO of National CooperativeRx, Josh’s main focus is to represent the organization’s members. National CooperativeRx represents over 200 members made up of employers, unions, and coalitions — which collectively are responsible for the health and well-being of over 300,000 participants. With...
Sandy Matheson is the Executive Director of the Maine Public Employees Retirement System. Joining Maine PERS in April, 2009, she oversees the state's seven public retirement plans covering 93,000 active and retired members, 321 employers, and a $12.2B fund. She previously served as the Director o...
Amy McDuffee founded Mosaic Governance Advisors to provide independent, action-oriented governance consulting to the public fund community. She specializes in strategic planning, policy development, board self-assessments, executive and consultant evaluations, benchmarking reviews, program assess...
Ms. Raymond has served as director of federal relations for the National Association of State Retirement Administrators since 1997. In this role, she advocates the interests of NASRA members before Congress, the Administration, and its many federal agencies, and is a liaison to other professional...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.