Property Management: Marketing, Contracts and Administration
Property management is a core component of the property industry, and knowledge of its principles and techniques can be of value both to private investors and property professionals who help to manage the property of others.
In order to become a competent property manager, professionals need a solid grasp of the various skills that are essential to effective property management, such as marketing, leasing, relationship management, maintenance, budgeting, and administration, as well as awareness of the potential for technology to disrupt the field.
Whether someone is interested in managing their own property or is a property professional looking to refresh their skills, the UCT Property Management online short course is a comprehensive overview of the essential techniques and principles of property management.
What will set you apart
Earn a certificate of completion from the University of Cape Town in this online program and be empowered to:
- Screen tenants and understand leases
- Create a facilities management and maintenance plan and draw up a budget report for your property
- Recommend ways to resolve landlord-manager-tenant disputes and endeavour to keep all stakeholders happy
- Integrate new technology platforms into your property management strategy to solve a practical problem
- Adapt your property marketing strategy in response to changing circumstances
You’ll learn from leading property industry professionals as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: The fundamentals of property management
- Course Module 2: Managing a property portfolio
- Course Module 3: Understanding leases and the leasing process
- Course Module 4: Landlord-manager-tenant relationships
- Course Module 5: Maintenance and facilities coordination
- Course Module 6: Budgetary and financial control
- Course Module 7: Technology and property management
- Course Module 8: Adapting to changing markets