Project Monitoring Tools
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Maastricht School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Developing and managing monitoring systems in development projects
The Project Monitoring Tools program mainly targets participants from non-European countries and/or NGOs who are active in these countries.
With the MSM Project Monitoring Tools program you will broaden your knowledge of monitoring & evaluations tools for development interventions, international procurement procedures and reporting techniques and content. You will get access to all the resources necessary to develop and manage monitoring systems and throughout the course you will build a Monitoring & Evaluation system for a real project.
The development industry is becoming more and more demanding. Companies and NGOs are pressured by donor agencies to show evidence of their capacity. Development professionals face increasingly higher barriers to join the industry. Experience is a requirement but can only be gained through the understanding of how the industry works.
The evaluation of development interventions is nowadays a requirement of all donor agencies. In a context of limited resources and with an emerging new paradigm in the development industry it is crucial to master project monitoring tools in all its dimensions: procurement procedures, reporting, monitoring and evaluation tools and techniques. The Project Monitoring Tools course will enable you to acquire the monitoring skills highly demanded in the development industry.
Reasons to follow the Project Monitoring Tools executive course
- Broaden your knowledge of monitoring & evaluations tools for development interventions, international procurement procedures and reporting techniques and content
- Benefit from the hands-on-approach based on real life cases enabling you to immediately apply the knowledge gained throughout the course
- Work in groups together with professionals from around the world, in a multicultural and diverse environment
After finalizing the course, you will be familiar with international procurement procedures to implement contracts of goods and services. You will have learned the main characteristics of a Monitoring and evaluation system, how to design and manage it by making use of appropriate tools. The course will assist you in the design of an M&E system and will give you insights on data collection methods, data analysis and interpretation, reporting and how to design evaluation questions.
Topics included in the program are:
- International procurement procedures
- Main characteristics of a Monitoring & Evaluation system,
- Tools to develop and manage an M&E system
- Design of an Monitoring & Evaluation system
- Data collection methods
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Reporting and how to design evaluation questions
- Main implementation stages of development projects
- Reporting obligations and techniques
- Structure, contents and materials to design your own training course
During the course the following approaches will be used:
- Group work
Lectures are based on practical assignments that are conducted by work groups. The outcome of the assignments are presented in the classroom and discussed with colleagues. Throughout the process, students prepare themselves the examples that illustrate the theoretical concepts shared during the lectures, while strengthening their presentations skills.
Who should attend
The program is designed for:
- Project managers at international and local NGOs
- Free-lance consultants willing to expand market opportunities
- Professionals working in donor agencies looking for specialized training in M&E systems
- Future trainers on development related subjects willing to expand the scope of their training activities
- Professionals working in consultancy firms operating in the development industry