Project Management Professional® (PMP) Certification Exam Preparation Course
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Robinson College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Without a doubt, the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) PMP credential has become the “gold standard” for project managers. PMP certification adds credibility to a resume and can result in higher expected salaries. Some recruiters divide resumes into two different piles based on those with and those without certification. Competition within the project management discipline is high and employers can afford to be selective. PMP certification in any industry is always helpful and in some disciplines, necessary.
Specifically, PMP-certified project managers are in high demand across many industries and disciplines including healthcare, information technology, manufacturing, logistics, and the professional services sector.
This course is taught in an interactive classroom setting. The emphasis on the class sessions is on successfully analyzing and correctly answering sample PMP questions.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Pass the PMP Certification exam
- Describe the components of the PMP examination including the relative emphasis of different processes and knowledge areas
- Develop an individual study plan for passing the examination with inputs from the instructor
- Understand and differentiate the project management process groups, project management knowledge areas and the project management life cycle concept
- Describe and differentiate the common tools and techniques used with the process groups
- Describe and understand the ordering of the key project management planning steps
- Analyze and dissect different types of PMP examination questions
- Learn how to effectively eliminate certain answers to increase the probability of isolating the correct answer to a PMP examination question
- Understand and identify key ethical and professional practice questions that are likely to appear on the PMP examination
Who should attend
This intensive four-day course is focused on preparing participants to pass the PMP certification exam. The course is directed toward:
- Individuals just starting the PMP exam preparation process who need to prepare for the PMP® certification exam as quickly and effectively as possible
- Individuals who have completed their educational requirements and need a "focused and intense refresher" course before taking the PMP exam
- Individuals needing the educational course hours to take the PMP exam
- Individuals desiring to have a "benchmarking experience" that will allow the development of a focused study plan to "identify and fill in missing knowledge gaps" that will increase the probability of passing the exam on the first try