This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® certifications with the Rutgers Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Prep Program.
The PMP® credential is the most important industry recognized certification for managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that you have the experience, education, and competency to lead and direct projects.
The CAPM® is a valuable certification for project practitioners which is designed for those with entry level experience. CAPM® demonstrates an understanding of the fundamental knowledge, terminology, and processes of effective project management.
Taught by a PMP® credentialed instructor, materials used in this program are aligned with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), a universally recognized standard for project management. This 3-day workshop will enhance your project management skills throughout any project’s life cycle from project initiation to closing, as well as provide an increased awareness of professional responsibility.
- Gain in-demand skills and a comprehensive review of project management key concepts, processes, tools, and techniques, including applications
- Learn effective test taking techniques and the process to apply and prepare for the PMP® and CAPM® exams
- Understand the growing importance of agile, adaptive and iterative practices with emerging trends and tailoring considerations
- Access to the program slides, text book, sample tests, electronic flashcards, and glossary of terms which complement the in-class instruction and learning-based activities
- Acquire the knowledge and confidence to take the next step in your career through this hands-on program
- Receive a university issued professional certificate
- Earn 18 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Complete 19.5 hours of project management education
(All modules must be completed for this program. These modules are not offered for individual registration)
- Meet the Requirements to Take the PMP® or CAPM® Certification Exam
- Effective Learning and Study Techniques
- Project Management Framework
- Enterprise Environment and Organizational Process
- Role of a Project Manager
- Project Processes
- Project Integration
- Project Scope
- Schedule and Time Management
- Cost and Budget Management
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
- Risk and Opportunity Management
- Procurement and Project Closing
- Professional and Social Responsibilities/Industry Expectations
- Short and Long Term Value of Professional Networking
Who should attend
- Team members and subject matter experts to develop professional skills
- Experienced Project Managers to reinforce their project management skills
- Those interested in solidifying their project management knowledge by preparing for the PMP® or CAPM® Certification exam
This Project Management Professional Exam Prep course will help current and future project managers with all aspects of preparing for the PMP® or CAPM® exams. Covering the application procedure and the structure of the exams, in addition to all of the processes in the project lifecycle, our 3-day exam prep course will ready you for this challenge. Learn test taking techniques and practice using sample exam questions. The 18 Professional Development Units (PDU’s) earned help meet the continuing education requirement to sit for the PMP® exam, as well as to maintain PMP® status once achieved.