Project Management – Principles and Practices (Online)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Stellenbosch Business School.Full disclaimer.
The course content is driven by the distilled practical experience and academic prowess of project management experts, whose expertise add immense value to the course and to your learning experience. Course content is aligned to industry standards and requirements, as well as the needs of today’s project managers; ensuring its relevancy and usefulness.
Theory is supported by examples, exercises and case studies, which drives practical application, and promotes rapid skill-building of participants.
The course will guide you through the development of a comprehensive project plan, from inception to delivery and evaluation, completed as an assignment. You will be guided by a professional course coordinator, ensuring that your progress is informed, focused, and enjoyable.
In addition to the skills and knowledge gained, completion of the Project Management: Principles and Practices short course provides participants with crucial portfolio evidence required in the process to earn a professional designation as Project Manager (PM), conferred by Project Management South Africa (PMSA), the SAQA-recognised professional body for multi-sector project management.
What will I learn?
- Apply project management theory and project management decision-making
- Follow a specific process for the execution of an identified, one-off, substantial deliverable
- Design a critical path diagram and a Gantt chart
- Utilise the Gantt chart to develop a project baseline
- Develop the budget of a project
- Monitor the actual cost and schedule progress of a project in comparison to the planned cost and progress
- Determine the ’health’ of a project
- Interpret and diagnose variances, and suggest remedial measures
- Week 1 - Orientation to Project Management
- Week 2 - Initiating a Project
- Week 3 - Scoping Stakeholders and Determine Components
- Week 4 - Risk Management
- Week 5 - Project Scoping
- Week 6 - Work Breakdown Structure
- Week 7 - Project Scheduling
- Week 8 - Cost Management
- Week 9 - Earned Value Management
- Week 10 - Managing the Baseline
Who should attend
Those new to project management will find a comprehensive guide to running a project successfully. This course is ideal for those operating in the project domain where integration of different technical inputs is vital, and project administrators wanting to update their knowledge of current project management principles.