Who should attend
This program is ideal for managers from any industry who will be executive sponsors of projects, as well as individuals responsible for managing projects.
About the course
Do you want to familiarize yourself with the basic principles of project management so you can manage your organization’s projects more efficiently, and with greater success? Learn how to get a project started, and the steps to finishing it successfully.
Why This Program?
This program introduces the key concepts of project management from the initial and planning stages to implementation, illustrated by real-world experiences. This program takes examples from your workplace to practice key skills and concludes with a classroom project to reinforce the concepts that have been presented.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between projects, programs, and portfolios
- Clearly define a project through a charter and project organization chart
- Plan the project activities, budget, and schedule
- Assess risk and take measures to minimize threats and maximize opportunities
- Track progress and manage issues and changes as they arise
- Communicate with key stakeholders until successful completion of the project
Allison Atkey provides project management consulting and training through Atkey Consulting Inc. She has managed a wide range of projects and shares experiences from these projects to illustrate her teaching. More than 3,000 people have learned about project management in her workshops. She also...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.