Who should attend
This course is designed for leaders who manage complex projects but are not technical project managers. Those who work in cross-functional teams and manage multiple actions will profit from this high-quality program. This program will be helpful for those involved in the planning and monitoring of projects for financial institutions and banks, government and coordinating agencies involved in project implementation.
About the course
Many people find themselves assigned projects with no formal training in Project Management. The course provides a modern, comprehensive and practical introduction to project management. It covers the state of the art practices in both the managerial and technical aspects. The course combines theory and practice in the analysis of real-world projects from a wide variety of industries, including finance, construction, information systems, non-profit organizations, the government, and the military. Employing a skilled project manager increases the likelihood a project will be successful and profitable. Therefore, PM skills are valuable: provide vision and direction; control the scope of project deliverables; manage costs and schedules; identify and mitigate risks; manage subcontractors; and engage with stakeholders.
The course integrates contemporary, practical skills from established real-world practice with state-of-the-art research. Students will
- Develop their socio-cultural skills: organizational, cultural, teamwork, communications, leadership, negotiation, and conflict management.
- Develop their technical skills: tools and techniques for organizing, planning, assessing, and controlling projects.
- Learn to estimate and track project resources, costs, and schedules.
- Understand how to balance the technical and socio-cultural aspects of a project.
- Identify and manage risks
- Learn to develop a charter, scope, work breakdown structure, project plan, and scheduling network.
- Learn to analyze and assess complex project situations.
Dr. Warburton’s research focuses on the practical challenge of inventory control. He publishes and lectures internationally about domestic manufacturing, challenging the obsession with manufacturing everything offshore. He teaches courses in supply chain management and project management, both in...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.