Learn to Organize & Lead Successful Projects
Whether you are an experienced project manager or report to a project lead, JMU’s Project Management certificate program teaches you the skills and knowledge necessary to run successful projects, giving you a competitive edge in the marketplace.
Enhance your Professional Skills and Marketability
Professionals with the experience and expertise in planning and managing successful projects continue to be in high demand by top employers.
The Project Management Certificate Program at James Madison University was designed and developed to provide experienced professionals with the advanced skill sets necessary for organizing and leading productive projects within the business arena.
Program Focus Areas:
- Process of Project Management
- Initiating a Project
- Planning a Project
- Developing and Managing Cost Estimates and Budgets
- Planning Quality, Staffing, and Communication
- Analyzing Risks and Planning Risk Responses
- Executing, Managing, and Controlling Project Work
- Closing Project Work
Choose the format right for you!
JMU offers two program formats to help you earn your certificate in project management - in-person classroom and online.
- Curriculum based on the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Three months access to practice PMP® exams
- Receipt of a JMU Project Management certificate upon successful completion of the program
- The education hours needed to sit for either the CAPM® or the PMP® exam offered through Project Management Institute
- 3.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Classroom Program Format
- All classes are held at the Harrisonburg, Virginia campus
- Two-week program
- Classes meet on campus for a total of four days, from 8:30am-5:30pm
- Extensive readings are required between sessions
Online Program Format
- All classes are held in a 100% online classroom environment
- Three-week program
- Six live, virtual instructor-led classes in addition to the required self-paced online assignments
- Classes meet online for a total of six evenings, from 6:00pm-8:00pm