Project Management Fundamentals
Improved and effective project management is critical to today’s business and organizational success. Through in-class practice of concepts and processes, learn proven techniques and best practices to gain a solid foundation in project management or elevate your current project management performance.
From project initiation, planning, and execution to managing, controlling, and closing projects, you will leave this 3-day course with a thorough understanding of how to make your projects successful. Taught by a PMP® credentialed instructor, instruction is based on A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition. The PMBOK® Guide is the leading publication for the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and is a fundamental resource to learn the essentials of project management.
- Gain a competitive edge as a leading project management professional
- Acquire the ideal skill set for project professionals while examining the necessary competencies that make up the PMI Talent Triangle® - technical, leadership, and strategic business management
- Receive effective feedback on projects and expand your professional network
- Access to the program slides, text book, activities, and electronic flashcards
- Receive a university issued professional certificate
- Earn 18 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Complete 19.5 hours of project management education
3-day program; 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Who should attend
- Current or future project managers
- “Involuntary” project managers (PM secondary to primary job responsibility)
- Project team members, including paraprofessional associates
- Management staff with project management accountability
- Subject matter experts who contribute to projects
- Project stakeholders