Project Management Excellence
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kelley School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This one-day course from the Kelley School of Business will show you why project management is a powerful vehicle for process improvement and cultural change across your entire organization.
Project management isn't just a scheduling activity; it's a means for organizational change.
While many courses explain the theory behind project management, few of them focus on demonstrating how real-world application can lead to more efficient, cross-functional workflows. Fewer still provide a clear course of action for changing the culture of an entire organization.
This one-day course will do both.
Learn from some of the most effective project management organizations in the world.
This course will introduce you to the same project management (PM) best practices that highly efficient PM organizations are using to run successful businesses. More important, it will give you an opportunity to apply those principles—and some amazing PM tools—to your own projects.
Come prepared to discuss a current or near-future project that you’re facing. By the end of the session, you’ll have made significant progress in initiating and planning your projects, as well as mapping an effective communication plan for managing stakeholders.
Learning outcomes: what you'll take back to the office
In this one-day course, you will:
- Explore a framework that can move your organization from a “culture of action” to a sustainable “culture of results”
- Discover seven project management principles that can lead to cultural transformation
- Explore the link between project management success and an investment in human development
- Advance one of your own projects by applying new PM techniques and tools with faculty guidance and feedback
- Identify PM applications and cloud-based tools that can enhance collaboration within a project team (including Agile Project Management)
Who should attend
This course is practical in orientation, and designed to teach project managers proven project management techniques that can have a significant impact on project outcomes.
Business leaders who have project management responsibilities, but may not have the label “project manager” in their title, will also benefit from understanding the crucial role project management plays in total organizational success.