Who should attend
- Project Managers
- Professionals who want to gain a practical methodology for managing their projects
- Professionals who undertake various projects regularly within their job role
About the course
The main effort of individuals and organizations in today’s competitive environment is to achieve optimal efficiency, high flexibility, increased productivity and to foster innovation, in order to secure a competitive advantage. Project Management represents a strategic competence for organisations, and project management skills are considered a threshold capability.
Τhe knowledge of project management standards is essential to acquire these skills.
The objective of the course is to provide participants the knowledge necessary to manage projects regardless of their size, application area and business sector. This knowledge includes the tools and techniques to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close the project.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to follow the essential steps in order to:
- Initiate the project
- Organise and Plan the project
- Develop the necessary scope, schedule and cost baselines
- Manage the performance aspects of the project
- Control the performance baseline of the project
- Effectively close the project
Project Management Principals and the Project Environment
- Project Management Standards vs Methodologies vs Bodies of Knowledge
- Review of the Project Management terms and concepts: Projects, Programs, Portfolios, associated Lifecycles
- Project Stakeholders
- The importance of setting the right foundation of the project
- Project justification and authorisation
- Identification and analysis of the Project Stakeholders
Project Management Plan
- How the project plan is developed – Step by step
- Requirements documentation and requirements management.
Defining the Project Scope
- What is the Project Scope?
- The Product Scope and the Project Scope
- Further decomposition of the Scope into activities
- Resources and Assignments
- Developing the schedule using established Project Management methods and tools
- Cost classification
- Components of the project budget
- Understanding the Project Performance Baseline
Human Resources and Communication in Projects
- Introduction to motivational and management theories
- Project Communications – Processes and documentation
- Change Management process
Project Performance management
- Identifying variances
- Forecasting the Project
Mr. Andreas Solomou is actively involved in the field of project management and education for more than 18 years. He has successfully managed a large number of product development projects as well as educational programs and currently works with private as well as government organisations as an e...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.