Project Management: Classroom and Online Learning
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with GIBS Business School.Full disclaimer.
Build key skills to keep projects on task, on time and on budget.
As the demand for skilled project managers increases in the workplace, this programme, which is based on a curriculum that aligns with the principles covered in the Project Management Institute's, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide), will give you skills to effectively execute and manage projects.
This classroom and online based project management programme uses an integrated, eight-week schedule for busy, working professionals and allows for both face-to-face and virtual interaction with course instructors and other participants.
Over the integrated, eight-week schedule you will build key skills to keep projects on task, on time and on budget, managing risks in virtually any field, demonstrating your competency as a project manager.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Apply project management practices to achieve success in a wide variety of fields;
- Draw on critical tools and techniques to work in a dynamic project management environment;
- Run projects on time and within budget using standard, globally-recognised processes;
- Effectively execute projects and identify and manage project risk;
- Apply your knowledge and skillsets to managing projects, within your industry, ensuring timely and cost-effective completion of critical projects;
- Manage project challenges and complexities as they arise;
- Understand key financial management principles; and
- Demonstrate your competency as a project manager.
Key focus areas
- A blended classroom-based and online curriculum that aligns with the principles covered in the Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide);
- Models of leadership and how they apply to projects, as well as stakeholder management, team engagement, effective modes of communication and resource management;
- A project/case study that integrates and applies lessons from each module;
- The relationship of projects to organisational strategies;
- Project management methodologies that have occurred due to current and emerging technologies;
- Processes, procedures, tools and techniques used for executing projects; and
- Enhancing organisational success through cost effective, quality, on time delivery of projects that are aligned to company goals and objectives.
Who should attend
- Project team leads and team members who want to build their knowledge and skills in project management to more effectively plan, collaborate and execute projects; and
- Professionals who have who have limited out-of-office time.