Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Telfer School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A successful project depends on proper analysis and planning in the early and key phase of project initiation. This two-day module will provide an overview of the process to develop the initial scope and high-level requirements for a project. Participants will learn strategic options analysis techniques, costing and schedule estimation, strategic procurement strategies, and the risks inherent in various strategies. The module will also identify important stakeholder engagement strategies. Industry participants will gain an understanding and perspective of how to interact effectively with the government approval processes and policies.
What You Will Learn
- Key fundamentals to project success and how that success is shaped, for good or otherwise, by key early decisions.
- An understanding of procurement options analysis factors, opportunity and risk analysis.
- An understanding of initial cost estimation and schedule factors and the risks associated with these early decisions.
- How to position the project for success through careful initial planning and preparation
- How to identify an affordable scope with the appropriate budget estimate.
- How and when to engage key stakeholders.
Who should attend
Senior military and Public Service leaders and industry executives who have or will have responsibility to lead and manage the planning and implementation of medium to large programs. It will be of particular benefit to newcomers to Ottawa and those with less previous experience with the processes and stakeholders involved with major Government funded investments.
Trust the experts
Dan Ross brings has over 40 years of experience as a military leader, senior public service officer and teacher. He holds a BSc in mathematics from the University of Saskatchewan and is a graduate of the National Defence College, the Canadian Forces Command and Staff College and the Land Force C...
A dynamic leader with proven ability to transform vision into action and deliver targeted results, Mariette Fyfe-Fortin is recognized for her leadership of government business transformations and change management initiatives, complex project procurements, and services delivery in sectors ranging...