Project and Infrastructure Financing
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.Full disclaimer.
Project finance is the nerve centre for big ticket business investments in large industrial and manufacturing sectors, creating infrastructure, generating large scale direct and indirect employment, growth of ancillary SME sector and fuelling economic growth. Project financing and in particular infrastructure project financing is a key engine in India’s economic growth story.
This programme is designed to address the learning requirements for practitioners, bankers, finance professionals, academics and students engaged in or interested in the field of project finance as a specialised branch of corporate finance. It provides expert conceptual and practical insights on the nuances of project finance both from financing and borrowing perspectives. The subject will be covered in depth including recourse and non-recourse structures, setting up special purpose vehicles, Public-Private-Partnerships and essentials of infrastructure projects. The aspects of risk analysis, allocation and mitigation strategies will be covered with case studies.
Transactional aspects relating to formulating the financing mix, essentials of cost estimations and forecasting, preparation of DPRs, presentation of proposals to banks, lenders’ appraisal, negotiation of term sheets, special conditions in term sheets such as escrows and TRA, developer’s risk and return perspective and other intricacies will be discussed.
- Overview of the Capital Budgeting Decision
- Project financing Proposition – Sponsor’s, Lender’s and other Stakeholders’ Perspective, Project Financing Structures – Full Recourse and Limited Recourse financing Models with case studies
- Infrastructure Projects – Essential characteristics, PPP projects, Concession framework under various models such BO. BOO. BOT, DBFOT - Government and Developer’s Perspectives.
- Key Developer’s Perspectives in Bidding and Implementation of Infrastructure Projects.
- Pre-fund Raising Phase – Project Structuring, Preliminary Clearances, Key Project Contracts, Feasibility, RFQ and pre-bid stage, Detailed Project Report
- Project Cost Determination and financing Options – fund and Non-fund options for financing the project
- Risk determination, allocation and mitigation in Project Structure, Key Project Contracts and Lenders’ Due Diligence - Key considerations Appraisal criteria applied by Banks and Institutions Risk Analysis and Mitigation in Projects.
- Financial forecasting, financial viability analysis.
- Term Sheets in Project financing – Key features, special conditions and Negotiation
- Additional financing and sectoral issues in industrial and Infrastructure Projects
- Case Studies and Group work
Who should attend
(a) Corporate executives dealing with corporate fund raising function in middle and senior Management levels with a finance background – i.e. CA, ICWA, ACS, MBA(Finance), CFA.
(b) Consulting firms, investment banks, commercial banks, financial services firms and NBFCs dealing with project finance either playing an advisory or a financing role.
(c) Practicing chartered accountants, company secretaries and cost accountants dealing with project and infrastructure finance.
(d) Entrepreneurs, corporate directors, academics, newly qualified finance professionals and students pursuing research or professional finance courses who are looking out for advanced learning and expert insights in project and infrastructure finance.