Who should attend
This course is recommended for those responsible, or involved in, the talent management strategy in any organisation. As the title suggests, this is a progressive programme that deals with purposeful talent management strategy and culture change.
About the course
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to upgrade your talent strategies in line with progressive thinking with this two day course.
Progressive Strategies for Talent Managementis a facilitation –style two-day workshop which examines established best practice in talent management and the associated limitations and opportunities for more progressive strategies. You’ll gain an understanding of strategies that focus on positive psychology, inclusiveness and the establishment of talent-centred cultures.
You’ll learn how leading institutions and other authorities are evolving the talent management discipline, and be given the opportunity to develop practical implementation plans for your own organisation.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
- present sharper understanding of the links between talent management, positive psychology and performance
- share new creative ideas on talent management with other senior practitioners and managers
- define the immediate and medium-term benefits of maximising the use of talent.
The structure for Progressive Strategies for Talent Management includes:
- A pre-workshop questionnaire to be completed prior to the workshop
- Courses start with a 2-day workshop
The programme will cover:
- Current thinking on talent management; the nature of talent, competence, skills, talent and strength, how talent management is currently defined, the limitations of current thinking
- Progressive thinking on talent management; radical approaches by progressive organisations, playing to strengths and positive psychology
- Eight steps to designing a progressive talent management strategy; philosophy and leadership for talent
- The future of talent management.
Workshop day 1:
- Business, talent management strategies and me
- Pre-workshop review and discussion
- Evidence-based theories
- What are others up to?
- What is progressive?
Workshop day 2:
- Growth mindset, maximising strengths and positive psychology
- Building a talent management strategy
- Pulling it all together and action planning.
Founder of Emotion at Work, fascinated by people, identity, behaviour, culture and learning. I've made a promise to make work better for everyone by placing emotion at the heart of work. Occasionally I'm told that I care too much. Most often that helps as it drives me to do brilliant work tha...
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.